Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st March 2017, 17:37   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Tips for Maintainence of a black coloured car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
Black is Beautiful, Period. It has to be treated with utmost care to have it looking that way.
Every day it takes about 40 Minís to clean my car and on a Sunday, I take about 3 to 4 hrs to clean the entire car.

I am happy yet envious to see that you cater 40 minutes every day to clean your car. But I am afraid if others have the luxury of such time or access to basic facilities like a water tap connection near parking. I own a black safari and I am posted in one of the most polluted towns in India with no access of a shaded parking zone or a water connection downstairs. The traffic sense out here is in a shit state with no responsibility. People are drunk once the clock hits 1800hrs and ram into parked vehicles beside the road. Had 2 such encounters in 3 weeks where people have hit my car parked aside.
I feel so bad looking at my vehicle especially after I spent about 10K last month getting all the exterior scratches removed and now I am left with a huge dent on the tailgate plus broken bumper and lots of scratches. I am just wondering what would be the future like in this case.
I seriously feel it's a boon to have access to basic facilities like an electric supply, running water connection and of course a little more time.
Ani0404 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:26   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post

I am happy yet envious to see that you cater 40 minutes every day to clean your car. But I am afraid if others have the luxury of such time or access to basic facilities like a water tap connection near parking. I own a black safari and I am posted in one of the most polluted towns in India with no access of a shaded parking zone or a water connection downstairs. .
I usually start cleaning my car at 6am and wind it off by 6:40 after which spend about 45 min's exercising, have my coffee with a news paper in hand and then get ready to head to my bank.. I have a shaded parking at my flat and cellar parking at my bank and hence am lucky to keep my car shining and safe..
TorqueTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 12:58   #33
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The only possible way to maintain a black car is to regularly wash,wax and polish if required. Never let a scratch or dent to fall on it since the whole beauty will be lost with the smallest of scratch.
However , if maintained well, there is no other color as royal ad the jet black
( That is purely my personal opinion. )
JozfGT is online now   Reply With Quote