Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th February 2008, 10:35   #16
BHPian

Throttle body cleaned yesterday, had some dust. No revving problems afterwards, even on cold start.

Mechanic suggested regular use of System G and problem ideally should never be there. I recalled using normal unleaded fuel for the first time recently in past, that might be the cause of this problem. Otherwise regular use of IOC91 in the past 3.5 years and no such issues faced.

Thanks everybody for the inputs.

Cheers,
Tarun.
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 11:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
Throttle body cleaned yesterday, had some dust. No revving problems afterwards, even on cold start.
So, as correctly pointed out, we have our culprit.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 17:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mechanic suggested regular use of System G and problem ideally should never be there. I recalled using normal unleaded fuel for the first time recently in past, that might be the cause of this problem. Otherwise regular use of IOC91 in the past 3.5 years and no such issues faced.

Thanks everybody for the inputs.

Cheers,
Tarun.
Good to know that the problem is solved.

I am confused. Some say premium fuel is not good and its better to use normal fuel.

So is it recommended to use Premium fuel to have a clean throttle body?
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 20:02   #19
BHPian

These cleaning issues will pop up sooner or later. With usage of premuim fuels you may delay the process, but may be cannot completely erode it. I mentioned because that was the only different thing that i did to my car in recent past. Throttle body cleaning is recommended at 20000kms (read it somewher in forum) I 've driven ~29000 kms , with last 400 kms on normal fuel.

Besides, I've experienced Getz to perform better with IOC91, even compared to similar premium fuels (Speed / Power). Better mileage, smooth ride ... it compensates me fully for the price difference over normal fuel.

Tarun.
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 21:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These cleaning issues will pop up sooner or later. With usage of premuim fuels you may delay the process, but may be cannot completely erode it. I mentioned because that was the only different thing that i did to my car in recent past. Throttle body cleaning is recommended at 20000kms (read it somewher in forum) I 've driven ~29000 kms , with last 400 kms on normal fuel.

Besides, I've experienced Getz to perform better with IOC91, even compared to similar premium fuels (Speed / Power). Better mileage, smooth ride ... it compensates me fully for the price difference over normal fuel.

Tarun.
I have been using Shell Super and Speed. Will try IOC91 next time.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:04   #21
BHPian

Default Problems with my Getz

Hi,

I have been facing two problems in my 2005 Getz for some time. One related to suspension, and other of idle RPM increase when I started the car. RPM would go upto 2.5-3K for 2-3 seconds and would settle on 600-700 after that. But this RPM problem haven't occurred for last 3 weeks, so I was not overly worried about it.

Today I took my car to MGF Hyundai - Okhla for the suspension problem. When I had started the car in the morning, it was alright and I had driven for about 25 KMs, without any issues. But when the service adviser started the car, RPM went up to 3-4K and stayed there for 5-7 seconds. After that it came down to 1K, but kept on fluctuating between 1-2.5K, and didn't stabilize. The advise told me it might be a problem of ISA - Idle Speed Actuator, and they might have to replace it. It costs about 7K.

Regarding suspension, he told me that they will have to replace front left-side shocker and insulator and it will cost about 4.5K. They will check the right ones as well, and if they need replacement, he will ask me.

Please tell me whether his evaluation is alright or are they taking me for a ride. I will call him at 12ish, so please answer asap.

Thanks

Nitin
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:09   #22
BANNED

@nitin : The suspension cost which he is telling you for one wheel seems to be ok, Moreover for an effective suspension, Suspension is changed in pairs ie. either the whole front or the whole rear or both front & rear.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:15   #23
BHPian

Thanks Mustang. Yes, I too had thought of the same, but I don't want to spend another 4.5K on something, which is still not broken.

What about this ISA thing, I am more concerned about it, since it was working till today morning and conked suddenly, that too at the workshop.

Thanks

Nitin
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:23   #24
BANNED

^^^ sorry man , i dont have much knowledge about the ISA thing.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ntomer: You should ask service adviser to connect OBD scanner in front of you & look for error codes. Service adviser's initial analysis could be correct as well as idle RPM is showing random fluctuation.
sukiwa is online now   Reply With Quote