Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Does your Swift rattle?
Yes 193 78.78%
No 52 21.22%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd May 2008, 23:13   #46
BHPian

mine used to rattle but its stopped. Rather I made it stop my having damping put in the front doors and opening up the rear left door to isolate another irritating rattle. Now its quiet, despite the 16" wheels.

It does sort of thud over bumpy roads though. Doesnt feel very well put together.
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:31   #47
BHPian

My swift did have rattles and also a motor running like sound from the rear. Mine was a swift VXi with ABS - August 2006 model
Torque123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:11   #48
BHPian

VXi, 2007 Sep. Yes it rattles a lot. From the first week itself. Whenever I take it to service and report the problem, they do some fixing and it goes / reduces for a week or so. This is the only major issue I am facing, else a peppy nice car. As part of ICE DIY, I have damped front doors with noisekill. Front seems got a little bit OK, but most of the rattles are from rear. Waiting for my chance to get rear doors / hatch door damped. Apart from reporting the issue, if someone who have done a professional damping can throw some light on it that would be helpful. Materials used, major points of rattling, any other tips and tricks, etc. I have used noisekill to damp front doors. Noisekill is a professional sound deadening material. Used 10 sqft on each doors. Remove the door pads, stick the shapely cut noisekill to inner and outer layers of door sheet metal and refix the pad.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:35   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

We have a March '07 Zxi, done 7500kms and there is not a single rattle anywhere. Given the huge number of rattling complaints with the Swift, I think we might have been just plain lucky. Hope it remains this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I felt Swift rattles because of its design which is not suitable for Indian road conditions so it starts rattling.
Care to explain the "design not suitable for Indian road conditions" part ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Swift ZXi, April 2008. (It has been just about a month since I took delivery now)

You bet it rattles. Right from the day I got the car.

The worst rattle is one someplace on the top of the rear seat, on the left side. It gets worse when passenger sits there. I'd mentioned this when I gave the car for the 1st service, and whatever they did, it worked for about a week. The rattle is back, but with lesser intensity.
Even i got my Swift Vxi in April . Im getting the rattle from the same place mentioned by Ashok. I had given it for service last week . Not yet heard any rattles as of now. Keeping fingers crossed.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

wow!! an amazing 74.5% of the total votes (till this post) confirm that it rattles, whats happenning here.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

2007 January Zxi. Only rattle that happened was the rear number plate, dealer put some double sided tape and it was gone. Nothing else.
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Don't know about Swift, but my good old WagonR (4 year old) does not rattle. Its done 40 k.
Same here, my 7 year old Waggie does not rattle. But on rough roads I do get a rattle from the dash, but that must be due to the stuff I have put in the glove box, like bottle opener, spare bulb, cassettes,first aid kit, etc.
Howver, my 800's dash used to rattle like hell, and the service guys said the only option left was to change the entire dashboard.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:59   #54
BHPian

So we have established the fact that the Swift rattles...so what is next.
vijit.gangwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 18:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

What is next is from each city, I would like people to post here if they have solved the rattles to 100% precisely speaking and if so which dealer knows how to fix this problem. All said and done, the problem is quite annoying (i have my doors and windows arbitrarily rattle - even after damping was done) and I wish someone in Bangalore told me how to solve it and who would solve it rather than telling me again and again that I ll have to live with it and the likes of statements.
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:09   #56
BHPian

- It was rattling since it came out of the showroom
- 1st service - they could not fix.
- 2nd service fixed to an extend
- New rattles started, gone back to MASS
- Fixed
I am a happy customer since then for more than 5 K kms.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 11:17   #57
BHPian

My car(Swift VDi) which is about 5 days old has been rattling from day 1.
Earlier it was a small sqeaky rattle somewhere near the driver's seatbelt or the door perhaps. This has been there from day 1.
Now an even more irritating rattle has started since last night. This is one is somewhere near the top left of the rear seat, I've checked all I can and cant find whats causing this.

Although i was expecting the car to rattle(courtsey TBHP) , but i am really sad that it has begun so early.

Any ideas if there is something about the rear rattle that I can do myself since I see this ones a fairly common one or would I have to wait for the 1st service??
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 18:13   #58
BHPian

No ! mine never rattled (vxi done 26K kms) - catch is, I always have the music on

Last edited by 2theMax : 27th May 2008 at 18:15. Reason: added !
2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 18:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

OT :

I drove a certain gentleman's(Mahesh) swift from bangy and trust me his car is a testimony against all the rattle saga's mentioned here.

I think damping is the medicine. Jassi you know what needs to be done now .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 19:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

I think damping is the medicine. Jassi you know what needs to be done now .
Yep. I'll see if MASS can fix it in the first service, otherwise Damping it is.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote