Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Does your Swift rattle?
Yes 193 78.78%
No 52 21.22%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th December 2008, 11:10   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Mine is Swift ZXI'08, Till date no rattling problem.Going for 5000kms drive in month oct, will let you all know if it starts rattling
Even I have Swift ZXI'08 and have completed 1.5k and no rattling so far. Is this a trend we are noticing here? I have seen in this thread itself that many people who own ZXI have no problems. Maybe some complaints but not as much as the VXIs or LXIs. Or is it because there are very few people who own ZXI
ashwinurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 12:18   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post
Even I have Swift ZXI'08 and have completed 1.5k and no rattling so far. Is this a trend we are noticing here? I have seen in this thread itself that many people who own ZXI have no problems. Maybe some complaints but not as much as the VXIs or LXIs. Or is it because there are very few people who own ZXI

Swift VXI'08 done 3000km, no rattles till date. Touchwood
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 18:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegg View Post
Swift VDI, 4 monts old, done 3000km does not rattle.
But looks like it has forgotten the kick it used to give me at around 2k rpm in second gear. Any suggestion to get back that feel.
...mine too. I'm told that I should make sure the air filter is clean.

My driver's door handle is coming loose: I'm worried to get it fixed in case they add rattles when putting the door back together!

Otherwise, still nothing noticeable at over 7000km now.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:48   #109
BHPian

Default Rattles like Rattle snake

My bro's March09 Swift ZXI

1. Rattles from dashboard
2. Windows
3. Doors
5. B Pillar
6. Seats squeeking

Crap car, belive me...My 4 year old Santro never had a single rattle.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 00:21   #110

July '08 - 12K - Rattles, squeaks and what not ... Done with 3rd service, still, no change.

Tried stuffing it with foam, sponge, etc., Even the glovebox rattles with nothing stored in it.

Sad thing is, with the polk db1212 turned up, the rear boot panel vibrates like crazy.

I just hate it. My 8 year old Uno diesel, not a single rattle sound. Wish I had bought the Palio diesel instead.
lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 10:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post
I have a 4 month old ZXi. Initially it was all peaceful, but boy when it started rattling, it never seemed to stop. The door hinges used to squeak, the dashboard literally shake, and almost everything in the car used to vibrate!

Asked MASS during the 2nd service to fix the rattling. Guess by now they have become experts to even solve them blindfolded

If not for the itch to keep on modding the car, I'd have sold it within an year.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 01:29   #112
BHPian

Swift Vdi. 14K done.
Well. Mine doesn't rattle at all . I have already damped front 2 doors during ICE installation.
and now i am thinking to damp the Firewall to rear seats and boot as i have removed the carpet.
Do you guys think is it worth to damp ? i know road noise will be definitely minimal after damping the floor.
nisarg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 07:49   #113
BHPian

I have done 48K on my odo in Swift Diesel and, i can tell you my car is rattle free till now. Am i lucky? Nope, each time a rattle cropped up, instantly i check for its origin and get it damped with some sponge. Its a rattle free cabin since 15k kms. All DIY.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 07:58   #114
BHPian

I own a Swift Vdi, March'09, 7700 Kms.

No rattles so far.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 08:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
... instantly i check for its origin and get it damped with some sponge. Its a rattle free cabin since 15k kms. All DIY.
LOL, very good initiative but that not mean the car did not develop rattles!
IMO, it's not just the Swift, all Maruti cars will develop rattles but they keep running well.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 09:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

I did a one-day dash to Tirupati and back on Sat'day. Add to the bad roads and the ghat stretch and all that, the car has now become the kingdom of rattle-snakes.

The entire dashboard is now shaking, the rear door sounds as if it might come out anytime.. plan to drop it off at MASS this weekend, and ask them to fix it start to end!
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 09:41   #117
BANNED

Does your Swift rattle?
What a stupid question. Of course it does. The dealer says nothing can be done about it. I've heard it happens with all Maruti's. Surprised to hear that this problem is not there with some other cars.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 21:22   #118
BHPian

But i guess these rattling problems are more in Petrol Swifts than in Diesel variants. The Diesel variants seem to have better damping.

What ever the matter. I feel you can do some DIY and make your car rattle free. Just need patience and initiative. Try it out guys.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 21:30   #119
BANNED

Quote:
But i guess these rattling problems are more in Petrol Swifts than in Diesel variants. The Diesel variants seem to have better damping.

What ever the matter. I feel you can do some DIY and make your car rattle free. Just need patience and initiative. Try it out guys.
That will be great if we can stop the rattles. I thought Petrol vehicles will be better. TATA Indica Diesel also has a lot of rattling. Can you share what to do to stop rattling.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 12:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Srikant,

it would be great if you can share some DIY experience with Photos.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote