Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th April 2009, 08:35   #31
BANNED

I have Blue coolant filled this time.It says Non amine in maruti bill.Its not green but light blue in colour.They added no water,I made sure it was 100% coolant?
binoyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 21:38   #32
BHPian

I bought TVS ezcool coolant, but it meets ASTM standards, i dont know whether it is specific for japanese, american, korean cars. But i have used it in lancer diesel last week, after an flush by wynns cooling flush.
rajivanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 10:37   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Ikon Used different coolant.

My ikon 1.3 petrol' coolant is less viscous than it originally was. Ford has recommended changing it, but they charge 1.3k for it. I believe that it is too much. I want to use the green one. Can i do so? Also, how much does the green one cost? And if i dont use the car more than 40km a week, that too in winter temperatures. Should i change the coolant?
searchingheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 17:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ideally, you should use an HOAT/OAT because that's what Fords have used for quite some time now. And Ford's own genuine HOAT is a light green coloured coolant, while the OAT is orangish-red. Check the manual & let us know the Ford specification it calls for & that can help in ascertaining the exact nature of the coolant.

The problem, however, is that Ford OEM fluids are not available in the aftermarket & thus, you may just have to stick with an ASC or try asking them for over the counter sale.

Also, 1.3K is a decent charge because I believe the coolant capacity for the Ikon 1.3 is close to 5 liters & a liter should cost around INR 210-225. Please correct me if wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
My ikon 1.3 petrol' coolant is less viscous than it originally was. Ford has recommended changing it, but they charge 1.3k for it. I believe that it is too much. I want to use the green one. Can i do so? Also, how much does the green one cost? And if i dont use the car more than 40km a week, that too in winter temperatures. Should i change the coolant?
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 23:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post

Also, 1.3K is a decent charge because I believe the coolant capacity for the Ikon 1.3 is close to 5 liters & a liter should cost around INR 210-225. Please correct me if wrong.

1.3k is very cheap. Go original for Ikons coolant , Very very important. The normal Green ones are not compatible with the original HG , seals and a few other components.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 10:47   #36
BHPian

Can anybody specify the exact coolant capacity of the ford ikon 1.3 in litres?
Old 25th November 2012, 18:04   #37
BHPian

It is around 5-6 litres.
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
It is around 5-6 litres.

correction : as per manual it is 9.8 litres for 1.3 and 1.6 ikon and 12 litres for the diesel. Thanks Ramzsys
Old 6th January 2013, 08:07   #39
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Does ford provide green coloured coolant for their ikon models nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Ok, I just remembered.
I've been using Castrol Protector JIS-K-2234 Class II,IS:5759 in my ikon for the last 3 months/3,000 kms.
Ratio and total amount of coolant used? Also, whats the update now? Any issues/problems with it?

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2013 at 13:34. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 6th January 2013, 09:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post

Ratio and total amount of coolant used? Also, whats the update now? Any issues/problems with it?
Sold the car over 3 years ago.
But, it was doing ok with the change. No issues.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote