Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th March 2017, 10:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Suspension Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Got a major suspension overhaul done for my i10 last weekend.
How is the driving experience after all these changes. I am asking this questions because 84K run machine can lose stiffness in it's frame and would changing shocks help retain original ride quality.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 11:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
How is the driving experience after all these changes. I am asking this questions because 84K run machine can lose stiffness in it's frame and would changing shocks help retain original ride quality.
That bone jarring experience at every hump or at every pothole is gone. Smaller potholes do not register on the backside.
Most importantly, that horrendous 'kyaanch' noise from the rear suspensions with even a single backseat passenger in gently undulating roads is gone.
Feel like I was driving without any suspension for the past couple of years.
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 12:03   #93
Senior - BHPian

then whatever you have done is value for money. Most irritating aspect of driving can be sounds and creaks from suspension. This is more acutely felt on monocoque chassis than rigid frame. Another point I have lately understood about monocoque suspensions is that that the jack point is extremely critical. Unless we jack the car at the exact jack point which may be like a 3 x 3 box in four corners, we run the risk of going into the floor.

Never faced this issue with rigid frame SUV's. Simply shove the jack underneath the axle and raise it.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote