Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 15:05   #31
BHPian
 
johnda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tvla
Posts: 403
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Thank you vishnu, I'm heading to cochin on wednesday, I'll hop into the store and check it out, I also asked a friend who's now in Thailand to check for 'denso' there as well, I'll have to wait till the end of this month to compare the two.
Thank you
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 12:59   #32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Hi VTEC Guy, I sent this link to my brother in US and he has sourced this O2 sensor for my 2001 OHC VTEC. I will be getting it next week. Just wanted to know if I can get this replaced from my local mechanic or need to take it to some authorised mechanics. Is it a simple procedure to change it ? Thanks in advance..
khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 09:45   #33
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Any idea where I get the oxygen sensor for my 2003 OHC in bangalore ? Please help
Fortuner71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 10:46   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

A link for cross referencing Denso Sensors

[COLOR=#810081]http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Catalogues/DENSO_Oxygen_sensor_CROSS_catalogue.pdf[/COLOR]
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 22:09   #35
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 375
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

I have recently started to face very low mileage in my OHC. It fell from 11 to 9.. Is it possible that it could be due to bad O2 sensor? Is there a DIY way to test it?
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 14:23   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I have recently started to face very low mileage in my OHC. It fell from 11 to 9.. Is it possible that it could be due to bad O2 sensor? Is there a DIY way to test it?
It could be , but the sensor issue will bring the engine malfunction light on . You have to decode it to see if the issue is from O2 . My much awaited Denso O2 sensor is delivered from Amazon yestuday need to replace it , waiting for the weekend . Need to identify a local mechanic who can fix it at cochin any leads will help.
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 15:28   #37
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 375
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
It could be , but the sensor issue will bring the engine malfunction light on . You have to decode it to see if the issue is from O2 . My much awaited Denso O2 sensor is delivered from Amazon yestuday need to replace it , waiting for the weekend . Need to identify a local mechanic who can fix it at cochin any leads will help.
Actually, I did have my CEL light on some time ago .. but back then one of the mechanics who took the car managed to get it turned off.. he said that he had just reset the ECU. I wasn't there to check out what had actually transpired in his garage..

Would pete's at cochin help with this?
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 11:56   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

If the O2 is gone the CEL will be back in few days. unless it is totaly disconnected by the mechanic. Another easy way to confirm is to do a pollution test it will emit more . Also there will be a different smell when you are near the exhaust.
vinu_pm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 14:56   #39
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 375
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
If the O2 is gone the CEL will be back in few days. unless it is totaly disconnected by the mechanic. Another easy way to confirm is to do a pollution test it will emit more . Also there will be a different smell when you are near the exhaust.
In that case I guess all is well, the CEl blinks for a second during ignition, ad there isn't any strange smell that I have sensed as yet. Thanks!
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 22:29   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Apologies for retrieving the old thread, can someone help me finding this oxygen sensor connector in Bangalore?
I am not aware to which vehicle this belongs, but I am in need of this type of connectors.
Thanks !!
Attached Images
 
kashyapz8055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 23:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 10,931 Times
Default Re: OHC Oxygen sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Apologies for retrieving the old thread, can someone help me finding this oxygen sensor connector in Bangalore?
I am not aware to which vehicle this belongs, but I am in need of this type of connectors.
Not sure of you are comfortable shopping online, If you are then here is the link of AliExpress.

Do see if you get any suitable ones:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...onnector+honda

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th September 2016 at 23:13.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Baleno (Type-III/Euro-III) Oxygen Sensor Info sarbashishb Technical Stuff 12 17th September 2015 09:26
Oxygen sensor for Indica Xeta Deeps Technical Stuff 1 2nd December 2009 23:08
Cam Sensor-Crank Sensor-TDC Sensor. Are They The Same Thing? genesis Technical Stuff 8 5th October 2009 11:17
WANTED: Oxygen sensor (Lambda probe) for OHC VTEC gbpscars Modifications & Accessories 5 7th July 2009 14:30
Oxygen Sensor - Malfunction Need Help Firestarter Technical Stuff 15 23rd February 2006 07:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks