Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th March 2008, 13:18   #1
Exclamation Default battery with Wagon R VXI

Hi All,
I got my New Wagon R VXi Today . I see my car has a "Exide Freedom " battery I had earlier found Amaron Battery in my Frineds wagon R duo . He got it delivered last week . Just curious to Know why there is difference .

Just want to make sure if the dealer has not played a Game here .

Mohan Kumar S
msivasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 10:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

depends on which battery people the dealer/manufacturer has tie up with. If you feel something is wrong check how old the batter is (manufacturing date), and the warranties.

Its just like hyundai supplied bridgestone tyres before and now they give mrf brand as the stock for their cars. Thats all.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 10:12   #3

Every batch of cars may have different brands of tyres, battery etc. Anyhow you will have the guarentee/warranty card for the battery. Check whether dealer has given you the same.
Hemanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 13:37   #4

As long as one gets working battery along with duly filled warranty card, it should be fine irrespective of the brand.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 21:00   #5

All car companies order the ancillaries in bulk depending on the inventory pricing offered, this is the main reason that the Manufacturer may have 2 or more different brands of similar products in their cars.

For example- Like you have Exide- The Car Batch in this entire lot will have exide and the company also keeps a record of what went in what batch.

TATA for example, has tyres from Bridgestone, Apollo, Goodyear and JK- each different batch may have differrent set of tyres.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote