Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th January 2005, 15:27   #1

Default MAP Sensor

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me what Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor is used in entry level cars with MPFI (Maruti Zen et el)

Regards
golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
A 5v Denso Map is used.

Cheers
Dom

PS: If you wanted some other info please do mention
Domnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 12:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domnic
A 5v Denso Map is used.
Thank you Domnic

Quote:
PS: If you wanted some other info please do mention
Yes Yes as a matter of fact I do
Is there any URL of the specific chip? or Datasheet

Along with this if can provide me with the information on the components used for injectors/O2 sensor used that would be geart as well

Thanks and Regards
Sameer
Old 2nd February 2005, 23:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Well.... the Denso MAP is not exactly a Chip. so no datasheets on it. Injectors are micro solenoids, They work when a grounding signal is sent from the ecm to the injectors and the injector solenoid is charged and opens. O2 sensors again are not an electronic component in reality. Its converts chemical reactions to voltage signals. Its made out of complex materials which can read the oxygen content in the exhaust when it reaches operating temperature.

Cheers
Dom
Old 3rd February 2005, 00:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Well.... the Denso MAP is not exactly a Chip. so no datasheets on it. Injectors are micro solenoids, They work when a grounding signal is sent from the ecm to the injectors and the injector solenoid is charged and opens. O2 sensors again are not an electronic component in reality. Its converts chemical reactions to voltage signals. Its made out of complex materials which can read the oxygen content in the exhaust when it reaches operating temperature.

Cheers
Dom
Thats some knowledge Domnic!!!Wow!!! Seems like cars are your profession man!!!
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 16:24   #6

Hi again Dom,

Quote:
Hi,
Well.... the Denso MAP is not exactly a Chip. so no datasheets on it. Injectors are micro solenoids,

For a small project I am doing, I orginally came around the MPX4250A from Motorola used in (or was used in ) GM vehicles

The datasheet for the same is avaliable from the below mentioned link.

I wanted to source components that would be easily avaliable so I thought about looking for information on Maruti Zen.

Since I don't own Zen ( and as matter of fact any 4 wheelers ) I posted my query here.

Just incase if you are able to dig into any information on injectors used and other components used Indian Vehicles for EFI, please let me know I would grateful to you (and whole Team BHP)

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...MPX4250A.shtml

Regards
Old 3rd February 2005, 16:58   #7
DRC
BHPian

golem,
Looks like you need a PIEZOELECTRIC PRESSURE SENSOR for your project,
Just google for the this, I remember honeywell is one of the companies who make this ( I used one from honeywell when working with De La Rue).

Just for curious, can you elaborate the the project,
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2005, 17:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
golem,
Looks like you need a PIEZOELECTRIC PRESSURE SENSOR for your project,
Just google for the this, I remember honeywell is one of the companies who make this ( I used one from honeywell when working with De La Rue).
Will give this a shot thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Just for curious, can you elaborate the the project,
Sorry I should have provided as much information as possible earlier.

At the moment I am trying to plot curves of engine load to RPM/Wheelspeed. Later see if I can derive Brake Specific Fule Consumption (BSFC) from the above data.

Incase if any BHPian can pour more thoughts on this I will be grateful

Thanks and Regards
Sameer

Rookie
Old 5th February 2005, 09:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

HI there,
well do you want to know the different voltages at different vaccum/pressure on the map?... i do have some charts which will give you that....

For the O2 sensor too i have a graph where a particular voltage indicates the AFR. For the injectors you will have to hotwire the injector and run it at a 80% Duty Cycle at about 38psi and calculate the discharge. Using this you can calculate the injector CC. This should probably help....

Please can you elaborate on how these devices will help you derive on the BSFC... coz consumption depends on so many other factors like runner length's, valves, combustion chamber design, Exhaust design, Cam profiles etc etc....

Cheers
Dom
Old 5th February 2005, 09:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
If you need the part number of the zen map sensor let me know... ill get it today...

Cheers
Dom
Old 9th February 2005, 17:22   #11

Quote:
HI there,
well do you want to know the different voltages at different vaccum/pressure on the map?... i do have some charts which will give you that....

For the O2 sensor too i have a graph where a particular voltage indicates the AFR. For the injectors you will have to hotwire the injector and run it at a 80% Duty Cycle at about 38psi and calculate the discharge. Using this you can calculate the injector CC. This should probably help....
Please please please would be of great help
off list my mail id is jace48 AT Yahoo Dot Com

Quote:
Please can you elaborate on how these devices will help you derive on the BSFC... coz ..........

Actually I have just started so nothing concrete I will surely post something as I progress.

Thank you everybody for all the help.

Thanks & Regards
Golem

PS: Please get me the part # and make also any approximate cost will be added help.
Old 12th August 2014, 15:46   #12
BHPian

Default Re: MAP Sensor

Hello

My Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI has been throwing up the "Check engine electronics" light intermittently. The scan returned "P1592 Altitude sporadic: sensor /Boost pressure sensor :implausible ratio"

There is no loss of performance (atleast not noticeable).

What should be done?

Please help.

Regards
Ashokkp is offline   Reply With Quote