Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st July 2008, 11:49   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
...We havent decided on releasing the tuning software for this.. What do you guys think? Should we or should'nt we release the software ?
Karthik,

Here is what you have on offer:
1. ECU (+ Base map included)
2. Performance maps (an upgrade to the base map)
3. Software (not required - optional)

Maybe you should consider pricing each element above individually.

Your standard (and most popular) package would probably be 1 + 2. (ECU + tuned map). Novice users will have no need to buy the software, and the extra cost will disuade them (as opposed to handing out the software for free) - so this should help prevent the uninitiated from getting their hands on the software and blowing up their engines!

If a person is also interested in toying around themselves, they could buy 1+2+3.

If the person is a seasoned tuner and have developed their own map(s), they can just buy 1+3. (No need to purchase your performace maps)

Since your ECU is read-locked when it has the proprietary performance maps on there, you dont need to worry about giving out/selling the "software" right?

As for "2" - its possible each tuner(some of whom are even distributors of yours) will develop their own maps which they think are better than the maps you provide - and save some money / make some extra money by not purchasing the map from you and instead selling their custom tuned map to their customers.
I think in the big scheme of things this is fine. Your core is concentrating on the ECU development (if i understand your operation correctly) - not worrying about perfecting maps. In theory that is the tuners job. Right?

Well thats my view - just thought i would mention it,
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2008 at 11:58.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 11:51   #107
Team-BHP Support

Agree with Rehaan here. Focus on the ECU, and let tuners who are interested develop their own maps.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 12:09   #108
BHPian

RDK, I personally think you guys have to still hang on to the software and given out only when asked by a tuner, that to one who has a good knowledge of mapping. By the way if you guys do have the time and if there are a few ppl ready to learn the art of mapping I guess you guys should hold a session where you teach one person from most major cities and that way you have some sort of an bettered after-sales service outside Bangalore. And you don't have to personally be there every time.
memo45_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 22:53   #109
BHPian

Hi guys,

Know its a bit of an old thread but does anyone know if Karthik and his team do ECUs or remaps for the Hyundai Elantra or OHC 1.5?
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 15:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

The have ECU's for the 1.5 OHC. Not sure about the Elanta. Elantra petrol or diesel?
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 23:43   #111
BHPian

Oops Vikram,sorry forgot to mention that detail,wasn't able to edit after posting.I meant the Elantra CRDi.
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 13:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Oops Vikram,sorry forgot to mention that detail,wasn't able to edit after posting.I meant the Elantra CRDi.
They have a new pigggyback ECU for diesels. Not sure if they have tested it on the Elantra as yet. Why dont you PM Karthik directly?
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 11:23   #113

Smile Mr Psycho and Mr ECU

Im glad you guys do so muc R n D and i know what the frustration is like when things dont go right.Very nicely written review on the Rd 601 ECU. however u havent clearly mentioned which car it is uve soupped up. But Hats of the Karthik and you. Gives inspiration to us all.
You wheelspin fun reminds me of the time i had bought my first contessa a 1.8 petrol that had a very hungrly tuned carborator that refused to shut its secondary butterfly and the car would speed demon at more than quarter accilerator,it was fun to drive ,but the average of 4 was horrid so then i got the carb overhauled.lol but i do understand the fun in traffic u must have had.
yohan6777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 11:39   #114
Senior - BHPian

Can we have some 'honest' long-term ownership feedback of the RD-601 ?

I'm looking at it as an option instead of going for porting/polishing, something that I am planning over the next couple of months.

So feedback regarding service, troubleshooting etc is welcome. More so from newbie's point of view.

Thanks
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 08:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Now how do you review an ecu that sits behind the dash and can hardly be seen.
So you guys at Race Dynamics listen :

"You guys are headed in the right direction and keep the good work going"

I am sure I am not the only one to voice this opinion but hundreds others out there using your ecu's.

now thats a mighty good review and definitely the feedback Race dynamics would love to boast of. kudos guys.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:11   #116
BHPian

From pictures on the RD site, I see that in the case of RD there is a knob that has to be installed along with the main unit. In the case of Pete, there is no such thing. So even if both these are plug and play units, how are you going to explain the knob to the service center guys in the case of a warranty claim? Can the knob also be installed in such a manner so that it can be removed without a trace?

Off Topic: Anyone know of someone who has installed the RD on a Scopio?
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 12:15   #117
BHPian

Default Re: Race Dynamics : The tech review

Has anyone got their Innova Diesel fitted with DieselTRONIC PRO. Please share your thoughts on the same since I too am considering getting this fitted on my Innova G4.
FasterPhene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 15:37   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterPhene View Post
Has anyone got their Innova Diesel fitted with DieselTRONIC PRO. Please share your thoughts on the same since I too am considering getting this fitted on my Innova G4.
Not on an Innova, I had my DT Pro on the Swift Diesel and it was the best money I'd ever spent on my car.

PLUSES:
  1. P1: Much more driveability, enhanced power, fewer gearshifts in traffic. You'll find that you can now accelerate from higher gears without having to downshift. Slightly enhanced economy (1.5-2kpl) within the city, not much of a change on the highway.
  2. P2: A massive jump in power and torque.
  3. Economy: To be honest, I never did a full tank's worth of driving in Eco mode, so I can't comment on the fuel eco gains. I don't think anyone that's contemplating a RD box would.
  4. SWITCHABLE MAPS: Very convenient indeed. If you're crawling in bumper to bumper traffic, switch to the Eco mode. If you're cruising along, switch to P1.
  5. PLUG AND PLAY, EASY REMOVAL: Extremely easy to install and remove.
MINUSES:

I genuinely can't think of any.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:28   #119
BHPian

I am considering a DieselTRONIC PRO for the Ertiga, so far, I cannot find anyone who has done this. Which would be the best dealer in Mumbai to help me choose the right map and get the installation done professionally? (I have seen the dealer list on the site, and saw some names there that did not inspire confidence)
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I am considering a DieselTRONIC PRO for the Ertiga, so far, I cannot find anyone who has done this. Which would be the best dealer in Mumbai to help me choose the right map and get the installation done professionally? (I have seen the dealer list on the site, and saw some names there that did not inspire confidence)
I am not an expert on such topics, but Sx4 and Ertiga share the same diesel heart, please check the below link:
http://www.carwale.com/research/comp...05&car3=&car4=

So if a dealer has done installation for Sx4 diesel, he should be able to install the kit for ertiga too.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote