Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th April 2008, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Default Maruti 800 5S - AC Problem

Hi All,

Last week I had my M800 5S AC serviced. I was told that the AC Compressor bearing is worn out and the service centre charge me Rs.3300 for bearing, AC gas filling and labour.
Now my AC chilling has gone worser than as it was before. I went to the service centre and he said that there was leak in the gas recharge pin and rectified and topped the gas pressure. Now again after two days the chilling level has gone down.

Please suggest on how this problem can be rectified and what are the checkpoints to identify and AC problem.

My 54K logged car is making this AC problem for the first time. If this does not get fixed then I will have to look to change the car as driving without AC in Chennai is horrible.
sureshshanmugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 22:18   #2
BHPian

Default A/c Problem 800 5s

HI Suresh, could u please clarify which bearing.Was it the rotor bearing the one inside the pulley or the one inside the compressor. If the compressor has been opened to acces bearings on the swash plate then iam afraid u will have to change the compressor. Please allso clarify, was your A/C working properly before you got your bearing replaced ,or was it working ineficiently . I would be able to advice more precisely if u could provide these inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi All,

Last week I had my M800 5S AC serviced. I was told that the AC Compressor bearing is worn out and the service centre charge me Rs.3300 for bearing, AC gas filling and labour.
Now my AC chilling has gone worser than as it was before. I went to the service centre and he said that there was leak in the gas recharge pin and rectified and topped the gas pressure. Now again after two days the chilling level has gone down.

Please suggest on how this problem can be rectified and what are the checkpoints to identify and AC problem.

My 54K logged car is making this AC problem for the first time. If this does not get fixed then I will have to look to change the car as driving without AC in Chennai is horrible.
alankarmotor is offline   Reply With Quote