Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th April 2008, 20:58   #16
BHPian

Ok Guys yesterday I got all my car tyres rotated. And to my surprise the pulling on the right has decreased considerably. Now Tomorrow I am going for brake checkup at one of M.A.S.S which is other than teh current one that I visit.

Hope to hear a different version from them for sure. Let see what answer I get there
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 03:46   #17
BHPian

Apart from the tyres and brakes get the right side suspension arm checked aswell because if the bush is gone, the car will behave in the manner you described.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 07:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Ok Guys yesterday I got all my car tyres rotated. And to my surprise the pulling on the right has decreased considerably.
Hey,

What tyres do you have on the car at the moment?
Are they mounted correctly?
Tyre pressures checked?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 08:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Ok Guys yesterday I got all my car tyres rotated. And to my surprise the pulling on the right has decreased considerably.
You may have a broken cord or partially separated belt within one of your tyres. The tyre rotation may have moved the damaged tyre to the rear where it will not effect your steering directly under hard braking. If it is not your brakes then I would take a long look at your tyres. This is dangerous, if this is what it is, so please be careful and do not delay the repair.

One other thing, if the tyre does have a damaged cord or belt there is no repairing it. You will have to get a new tyre else you risk having the tyre disintegrate on you, like at high speed and/or under heavy braking.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2008 at 09:09. Reason: merged
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 00:25   #20
BHPian

Default Ghost ailments of my Bolero Storm

Someone please explain what happened a few days ago. It was during this severe heat wave in Delhi, when I drove off to meet a friend.

After a few hundred meters I find that my Storm was pulling to the right every time that I braked. Mostly this happened in gentle braking, as in to reduce speed in anticipation of slower traffic.

This happened all the way on the 40 or so minute drive. After I met my friend and drove home the Storm behaved normally. I had checked for a puncture but the tire was fine and then I thought that the alignment must be off.

But two days later, no sign of trouble. I tried braking a bit hard also but no pull to the right or left now. So what could have happened...unless the Mahindra's have some kind of highly evolved chip that corrects problems on the fly.
I would appreciate any response as while I am sure that the right thing to do would be to go to the authorised service centre and spend some bills.

Regards,

Chaunfa

Last edited by chaunfa : 13th June 2014 at 00:26. Reason: Missing words
chaunfa is offline   Reply With Quote