Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th April 2008, 23:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the chance of getting your car replaced is very, very slim. Nigh impossible.

Hyundai India should be able to resolve your transmission issue permanently. It's quite unfortunate that your car has got this problem, a rare chance, but mechanical issues car occur. As suggested, approach your regional service manager (RPSM) or area service manager (APSM) in New Delhi, if you feel the dealer/service centre is not able to tackle it themselves. Hopefully, HMIL will fix it quickly & professionally so that you can get back to enjoying your new car!

What would an ASPM or RSPM do if theres a parts shortage? just asking!
bmdesai1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 11:56   #17
BHPian

hi "amitjinds' provide us with the latest update about your car, any positive response????
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 12:29   #18

Talking I got my car

Hi Guys

Thanks for your suggestions. Finally i got my car yesterday and drove around 100-120 Km's and found no issues. Now first gear shifting is very smooth and 4th gear is not coming to neutral automatically. My problem has been resolved after replacement of parts. Thanks to god after 20 days wait i got fruitful results.
amitjinds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:02   #19
BHPian

I had the same problem when got my i10 delivered, 4th to neutral.
But i took it to the service the next day and they fixed it that day. Its 2,300 km now and 6 weeks old and I didnt face the issue again..

Last edited by maverick236 : 22nd April 2008 at 14:03.
maverick236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 17:26   #20
BHPian

Just out of curiosity.....The reason we buy new cars is so that we avoid mechanical/maintenance problems, right? If you get a car that gives you problems from Day 1 (LEMON Car) then i think it should be brought to the attention of the appropriate car manufaturers and of the media to ensure that the delivered car is trouble free.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 01:38   #21
BHPian

This was a rare of rare case I guess. Its been almost two months i got my i10 and its perfectly normal. Though I have a small problem i some how feel clutch wont go all the way down to floor when you press it without thinking that "oh I have to floor it". I mean i have to make a effort to keep in my comcious mind tht i have to floor it all the time i press it. Other wise it wont go all the way. Dont know why. May be Hyundai will rectify it when i give the car for first service.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjinds View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for your suggestions. Finally i got my car yesterday and drove around 100-120 Km's and found no issues. Now first gear shifting is very smooth and 4th gear is not coming to neutral automatically. My problem has been resolved after replacement of parts. Thanks to god after 20 days wait i got fruitful results.
do you know which part was changed.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 19:18   #23
BHPian

Got mine yesterday and i struggled for almost 5 mins to push the hand break down...lol....i guess ive read about the same issue somewhere in the forum.

I had already told them(dealers) that ive heard abut the gear slip issues happening and if my car shows the same I will never give it to repair but will give the vehicle back...luckily no issues and "Popular Hyundai" cochin said they haven't come across any gear slip issues for i10.
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 15:08   #24
BHPian

Try shifting to reverse gear position with at least 45deg turned steering wheel.
The gear shift in my car just gives nightmares in this way.

Any similar experiences?
ssdubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 15:39   #25
BHPian

It is good to know that you have got your car back, Amit. I too had a similar problem with my optra wherein the power steering wouldnt work from the very same evening of delivery. I went there next day morning and blasted them left and right for having delivered a faulty car to me. This should have been noticed in the PDI, which they disagreed.

They asked me to keep the car with them and take t after a week. I was in no mood to oblige to them by keeping the car with them for week, immediately after delivery. I told them that I wanted the car to be replaced, which they denied, I was very very upset with them but agreed to have them replace the PS assembly but in two days flat. They did it and I had the car running perfectly fine in two days time. Even they had to call the PS assembly all the way from Pune ( somewhere in Talegaon ) but they did it.

Dont let them play with you, be strict with them or else they will squeeze you like hell.

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 28th April 2009 at 15:40.
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 01:13   #26
BHPian

Default Re: Severe Gear problem in i10

Hi Friends! Need your valuable input.

One of my friends owns an i10 for past 4 years. Recently facing problem in 3rd gear. He says all goes fine till he shifts from 2nd gear to the 3rd Gear. After the shift he feels fall in power & speed and also some some comes and then when he shifts back to 4th or 2nd, the problem is gone. One of his mechanich told him thats its due to clutch and the clutch assembly needs to be changed. Please help us. Can any one find the real problem for us.

Thanks in anticipation.
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 11:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
Hi Friends! Need your valuable input.

One of my friends owns an i10 for past 4 years. Recently facing problem in 3rd gear. He says all goes fine till he shifts from 2nd gear to the 3rd Gear. After the shift he feels fall in power & speed and also some some comes and then when he shifts back to 4th or 2nd, the problem is gone. One of his mechanich told him thats its due to clutch and the clutch assembly needs to be changed. Please help us. Can any one find the real problem for us.

Thanks in anticipation.
If the clutch is gone kaput, you should feel the loss in power in every gear. I suggest you take the car to the service centre and not to an ordinary mechanic who may be just experimenting.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 11:57   #28
BHPian

Thanks Taurus. I had the same feeling. But then what is the exact problem. My friend in located in UP and he is confident that even the authorised workshops are more towards fooling customers and minting money. The other day one of my friend was handed over a bill of 11K for his Santro and he is still clueless whiether it is justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
If the clutch is gone kaput, you should feel the loss in power in every gear. I suggest you take the car to the service centre and not to an ordinary mechanic who may be just experimenting.
Old 27th July 2012, 15:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
But then what is the exact problem.
One of the possibility is maybe the ECU needs re-mapping. You haven't mentioned how much the car has been driven and what year it is manufactured. If it is a brand new car, 90% chances that the ECU is the culprit and will need adjustments. If it is well-driven (past 40k - 50k Kms), then there may be many factors to consider for poor performance.
TaurusAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 17:27   #30
BHPian

Sorry for not giving complete information. The car was bought in 2008 and has travelled arroung 25K Kms. And want to ask you something ... What is an ECU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
One of the possibility is maybe the ECU needs re-mapping. You haven't mentioned how much the car has been driven and what year it is manufactured. If it is a brand new car, 90% chances that the ECU is the culprit and will need adjustments. If it is well-driven (past 40k - 50k Kms), then there may be many factors to consider for poor performance.