torq
any body can give more details
and who install this in india
regards
narry
narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 10:26   #2
BHPian

If you are referring to the Swift diesel, I guess it already comes with an intercooler. Supercharger is a different thing altogether.
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey guys the petrol turbod swifts also run intercooler, most of the tuning jobs have intercoolers... and turbo setup are cheaper than superchargers..and then there is the case of getting the gearing for the pulleys right, turbos run on wasted energy hence more efficient than superchargers.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 16:33   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Narry,

Why dont you pop over to this thread - Turbocharger vs Supercharger. There is a lot of good information in there, which will help clear your doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey guys the petrol turbod swifts also run intercooler, most of the tuning jobs have intercoolers... and turbo setup are cheaper than superchargers..and then there is the case of getting the gearing for the pulleys right, turbos run on wasted energy hence more efficient than superchargers.
Dinu was talking about stock swifts, not modified ones.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 17:03   #5
BHPian

@ Narry, An intercooler and a supercharger are different things, with different functions.

To put it very simply, turboing is a means of supercharging your engine, where exhaust gases are used to drive a turbine that increases intake velocity to your engine.

A supercharger may use engine power (via a pulley) to drive the turbine.

An intercooler is an auxilliary component to the above systems (seen more commonly in turbo setups) that is used to keep the temperature of the system in check
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 19:25   #6
BHPian

Guys guess Narry means that with vikram and gabella turbo'ing their petrol Swifts, what kind of intercooler are they using? Are they taking an aftermarket one or tkaing one from lets say an Indigo or Safari or Scorpio.
And yes as mentioned earlier Narry, Supercharger is a different thing altogether and an intercooler is totally different from that.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 10:22   #7
BANNED

Default hi sorry ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Guys guess Narry means that with vikram and gabella turbo'ing their petrol Swifts, what kind of intercooler are they using? Are they taking an aftermarket one or tkaing one from lets say an Indigo or Safari or Scorpio.
And yes as mentioned earlier Narry, Supercharger is a different thing altogether and an intercooler is totally different from that.
hi
what i meant was for petrol swift any body in india offer a super charger fitting
for example if i want to spend more money i know turbo is a cheaper option but i wanted to spend more money
who can offer a super charger
waiting for reply
ps sorry for misunderstanding
narry
narry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:35   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
what i meant was for petrol swift any body in india offer a super charger fitting
for example if i want to spend more money i know turbo is a cheaper option but i wanted to spend more money
who can offer a super charger
waiting for reply
ps sorry for misunderstanding
narry
I am sure anyone who does a turbo install will be quite capable of doing a supercharger install as well. Yes, bolt on intercoolers are available for the swift. You could I get your hands on a diesel intercooler thats selling for around 8k or get yourself a proper intercooler for about 20k that looks like this.
Attached Images

mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote