Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th August 2016, 10:15   #316
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Oh No! Exide battery woes again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Now I am trying to find out the terms of this pro-rata warranty online but I cannot find them anywhere. I cannot find the original warranty leaflet and I do not want to get cheated by the dealer.
You will need that warranty card if you are to avail of a warranty replacement

If it is not produced Exide may refuse the replacement. You should always preserve your warranty card AND invoice/bill carefully. Try your best to locate these documents.

PS - the Exide Matrix in my Palio 1.6 is now 5.5 years old. I notice a slight hesitation when starting. That may be because the car isn't used much OR water is running low. This is a hassle with the Matrix. One can only top up 1 cell using the magic eye. If this battery fails I will be buying an Amaron.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th August 2016 at 10:21.
R2D2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:46   #317
BHPian

Yesterday my Innova's exide suddenly stop handling central locking and startup. Its exactly 23 months old as OEM. Tried to find a matrix for innova but no battery dealer said that there is any matrix battery for innova, even though few online sites show this exide matrix to be compatible.

http://www.powerwale.com/store/exide...-battery/76914

Ultimately had to go for Amaron.

I run a compressor based car fridge, two dash cams, 200W inverter in innova. So i think 23 months life for OEM exide is fair expectation? But surely would have gone for matrix, had it been available in Delhi.

PS: The Toyota helpline guy who came to jump start the innova had only an old battery. He then requested a Fortuner wala to lend battery for jump start. Innova spluttered for few seconds then stopped. Then the helpline guy told me that alternator is gone bust and i should allow him to tow it away to Galaxy Toyota workshop. I called my regular mechanic and he told me that these helpline people want the cars to be towed away as they make more money and that its rare for Innova's alternator to conk within 2 years. I heeded to his advice and am happy that after battery change, everything works fine.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 25th August 2016 at 11:14.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 10:51   #318
BHPian

I've had an Exide in my Elantra GLS that lasted around 8 years before it died! I replaced it with an Exide! Is Exide that bad??!!
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:50   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
You will need that warranty card if you are to avail of a warranty replacement

If it is not produced Exide may refuse the replacement. You should always preserve your warranty card AND invoice/bill carefully. Try your best to locate these documents.
The new procedures are quite different. You just put the product & its unique code on a specified Exide site for registration and then one no longer needs the warranty card to claim warranty.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 17:10   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The new procedures are quite different. You just put the product & its unique code on a specified Exide site for registration and then one no longer needs the warranty card to claim warranty.
That's a good customer friendly step.

The warranty card specifies the # rebate you will get on a new battery v/s the age or time elapsed since purchase.

Since you don't have the card, using Amaron's formula as a guide and based on fact your battery is in the 24 months pro rated warranty period, (purchase date May '14, warranty claim Aug '16) you should expect to get a discount of approx. 45% on the cost of a new battery. This is only indicative and your dealer/Exide will give you the correct discount value.

Good luck with the warranty claim.
R2D2 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 13:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

To my pleasant surprise the Exide Matrix DIN55 (OE fitment is DIN45) installed in the Palio completes 6 years this month and enters its 7th year. I can sense the 'hesitation' sometimes whilst cranking the engine but this duration of trouble free operation has been a real bonus compared to my recent experiences with Exide Matrix.

Yeah, a replacement will still be Amaron or a Tata Green for the simple reason I can top up all the cells with distilled water if required.
Old 7th April 2017, 21:20   #322
Senior - BHPian

The Exide Matrix battery has started hesitating to even begin cranking the engine indicating it's on its last legs. Took the battery to the dealer and had it load tested. It failed. I am pleased with the life of 6 years and 2 months.

A new one will be ordered on Sunday. Still debating whether I should go in for an Amaron 50AH or 45AH.