Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th May 2008, 09:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I assume you know about all these places anyways, being 3 years ahead of me on Fiat ownership. But still, I'll suggest:

Your car is out of warranty and its not a Stile, why don't you try Samyak motors in Patparganj or Prem Nath Motors on Mandir Marg, though none of them are authorised Fiat Service Centers anymore. I have had good feedback about both, though I can't vouch for it. After all, its Fiat! The good thing for you is that they are both not servicing Tatas. And from Prem Nath Motors you can take the Metro back to West Delhi as its located (or atleast used to be located) a stone's throw from R K Ashram Station of the Metro.

Even Vivek Automobiles seem to be doing a good job. They barely have 10% Tata vehicles in the workshop and I find it interesting to see so many Palios, Siennas, Petras out there. Puts some faith back into Fiat that there are still lots of them running on the roads in Delhi atleast.

A number of people I have met at Vivek come there (or come back there) after not so good experience from the Tata workshops.

How I wish I could get a job in Pune! From what I hear, servicing a Palio is the best out there!

I have been fighting with the service manager and GM Workshop of Vivek automobiles from past 5 months, and i didnt felt them any good compared to others. Maybe you can say he is best amongst worst.
This week i went their for my second service of Fiat Adventure.
What all they did was changing oil, coolant and filters.
When the service manager asked me to sign the service leaflet, i asked him what all have you done from the list mentioned in the service leaflet.
They didn't even did the dusting of nreak pads. Leaflet says at second serivce the engine and fan should be monitored by analyser, but they didn't did anything like that. It says the throttle body and fuel injectors has to be cleaned, he said its not reuired untill you have crossed 40,000 KM. My doors were giving creaking noise, so i asked him to look at it, he said the guy responsible for doing this job is on leave so he can't help it. And same reply for so many things. And you must have seen the attitude of that guy. When i asked for a complaint book, they said they don't have anything like that.
It seems Vivek automobiles know more than FIAT that what to do on a car and what to not, and don't care about what problem a customer is facing.
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
I have been fighting with the service manager and GM Workshop of Vivek automobiles from past 5 months, and i didnt felt them any good compared to others. Maybe you can say he is best amongst worst.
This week i went their for my second service of Fiat Adventure.
What all they did was changing oil, coolant and filters.
When the service manager asked me to sign the service leaflet, i asked him what all have you done from the list mentioned in the service leaflet.
They didn't even did the dusting of nreak pads. Leaflet says at second serivce the engine and fan should be monitored by analyser, but they didn't did anything like that. It says the throttle body and fuel injectors has to be cleaned, he said its not reuired untill you have crossed 40,000 KM. My doors were giving creaking noise, so i asked him to look at it, he said the guy responsible for doing this job is on leave so he can't help it. And same reply for so many things. And you must have seen the attitude of that guy. When i asked for a complaint book, they said they don't have anything like that.
It seems Vivek automobiles know more than FIAT that what to do on a car and what to not, and don't care about what problem a customer is facing.
Vivek Automobiles is best amongst the worst IMO, I would say. The reason is that Tata service centres like Sanya, A-One, Him and Dhingra are too crowded and not so knowledgeable about Fiats. Vivek guys atleast know about it.

I don't know which is worse, a crowded service center that does a good job but has limited knowledge or a knowledgeable service center that has a poor commitment to service.

I have heard stories of poor service and dishonesty about Vivek Automobiles as well. But, to me, it still seemed to one choice to recommend to Amit. Not to mention the fact that I have recommended two other places to him as well. Because of Warranty issues and owning an MJD, I don't have the luxury of such choice. It's either Sanya, Him, A-One or Vivek for me.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2008, 09:53   #18
BHPian

I myself have seen encounters of cheating at vivek automobiles.
I was having some creaking at doors and felt that door rubber linings are wearing out.
I went to Vivek, for geting it checked, they acknowledged it too. They said it requires to be changed, and all this was on record on mails with FIAT too involved. There were few others things too which needed to be changed. As i had already herad a lot about FIAT A S S. So i put a hidden markings with a permamnent marker on all the parts which were supposed to be changed.
I left the car to them. Later i got call that everything had done. When i reached their, the service manager was more than eager to tell that he has done everything, and how cooperating and cutomer oriented they are. And I was shocked when i found that all the markings for all the parts were still there. When i told him that they are cheating customers, he went all blank, i went to GM workshop, at first he tried to explain that changing is not required, and later started a fake scolding to his staff for not doing things when he himself instructed them.
Well you just go there and see how in the morning they park the customers cars, like every guy their thunk of himself as race driver, they move cars with screaching breakings and hard accelerating. Phewwwww
and if you watch how they service a car which is not attended by owner. You will go mad.
My only suggestion is, be sure what you wanted to get dome, and never leave your car unattended.
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:44   #19

Default Anti- Rust job

My Palio has started showing some rust on the wheel bases ,what would be the approximate cost of getting it fixed ?I would also be interested in underbody anti rust treatment .Will Vivek Automibles be costly .Any alternate Garage in Delhi/NCr where you guys would recommend going as it is often that company outlets charge too much for Paint jobs
Freyr is offline   Reply With Quote