Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 26th May 2008, 01:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Firstly, how many fans are there in the Wagon R? I have spotted just one that comes on when the AC is switched on. It comes on with a loud hum, so I can hear it.

Yes, I have run the car without AC. What choice is there when the car overheats? Once the AC is switched off, the car returns to normal temperature.
Most modern cars nowadays have two fans; one for the engine & for the A/C. If your car heats up even without the A/C being on, then the engine cooling fan should come up & the A/C fan should only come on when the A/C is on.

From the looks of it (car cooling down with the A/C off) it looks like either that the A/C fans is busted & so the car is overheating when you're using the A/C & the engine fan alone is not able to compensate for the heat generated in the high ambient temperatures (since the A/C fan is not working) or the thermostat is playing up. Most of the evidence points to the former though.

For a solution, I would suggest you take it to a good dealer & he should be able to diagnose the fault & rectify it without too many issues.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 03:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Check exhaust, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
may or may not help but ..
1. Try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for some 15 mins.
I suspect it might be a bad ECU. This procedure will reset it but if it is bad it will not fix it, of course. This reset is worth a try, for sure.

The other thing you might check is your exhaust system. Look and see if it is bent or damaged in such a way as to restrict exhaust flow.
DirtyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 11:45   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Firstly, how many fans are there in the Wagon R? I have spotted just one that comes on when the AC is switched on. It comes on with a loud hum, so I can hear it.

Yes, I have run the car without AC. What choice is there when the car overheats? Once the AC is switched off, the car returns to normal temperature.

I haven't noticed an increased load on the engine when the AC switches on either. So, I would rule out some jammed bearing in the compressor. Because of all this it is truly baffling.

Sure was helpful. But the thermostat seems to be working. The liquid is still with cold engine and starts bubbling after a little while of running.
Ajay,

Sorry just saw this thread. The car has 2 fans. One that starts after the engine/water temp reaches a certain temperature and the other that is connected to the aircon. In all probability check your fuses/relay that power the AC fan. If they are OK then you may have a busted AC fan(unlikely).

Swing by if you would like me to identify the culprit.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
The car has 2 fans. One that starts after the engine/water temp reaches a certain temperature and the other that is connected to the aircon.

I think the wagon R has only one fan with 2 different speeds, correct me if I am wrong.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:58   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think the wagon R has only one fan with 2 different speeds, correct me if I am wrong.
Hi,

Am not 100% sure. Almost all new cars come with 2 fans.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 12:23   #21
Team-BHP Support

so what happened? wagon r if i remember correct comes with 1 fan and 2 circuits, one for engine temp and another for ac grill temp
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 11:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well let me tell you one thing i have faced the same problem.Just get the thermostat opened and chuked out.The thermostat is for quick heating which is not required for our country so it wouldn'tn make a difference if you get that chuked out.There is nothing wrong in the ECU just get the thermostat chuked out the problem will go for sure.Another you could do is get the radiator hose checked and mayb changed.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 11:14   #23
BHPian

Question WagonR jerks when ridden at low speeds.

Hi all,

My WagonR Lxi (2007 Sep model) jerks at low speeds, but when ridden above 40 km/h the jerk vanishes. All this happened when i gave my car to my bro-in-law for a local trip and he was riding above 120 km/h constantly and very rashly which i had never ridden before. I took it to Mandovi Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore branch and the service advisor just changed the spark plugs as i had not changed in my previous yearly service. But the problem again came up yesterday. What could be the problem folks?

Thanks,
Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 12:33   #24
Team-BHP Support

Check the coil packs, wires also. Then see if the filters are clogged. Injectors, if they are lightly chocked it can cause the same issue.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check the coil packs, wires also. Then see if the filters are clogged. Injectors, if they are lightly chocked it can cause the same issue.

Coil wires first, then coil packs.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote