Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th June 2008, 16:22   #16
BHPian

I think the Suzuki Baleno's owner's manual gives a better understanding about what climate control A/C is all about.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 22:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Queries about automatic and manual climate control

Reviving this very old thread.

I have one technical question to the AC gurus. My friend is owning a Ford Figo TDCI (June'10 manufactured). Figo does not come with the climate control. But, he wanted to see if that can be installed after market. Is this feasible and if so, is it recommended?
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 14:53   #18

Default Honda City 2014 Automatic Climate Control

Hi

I apologise if there is already a thread for this but I spent a lot of time searching and did not find anything related.

I have a question. Is there a way to choose what the "auto" switch will do in an automatic climate control (ACC)?

My frame of reference is the Honda City 2014 SV CVT and the ACC chooses the front vents as default when you select "auto". I was wondering if there is anyway I can choose both the vents facing the driver and the vents directed at the feet when I choose "auto"? In short, can I customise what settings fall under "auto"?

Apologies again if I have committed a posting faux pas.

Cheers
p06rakeshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 15:41   #19
Team-BHP Support

If i am not mistake the whole point of auto is that, the ecu will decide how to keep the cabin cool, and it will do the diverting as required to center, floor etc. Basically system will have multiple sensors and according to the reading will divert the air. Moment one presets it will no longer be auto.

As far doing it in a car like city, i think would be quite a task, coz you will have to hack into the codes of the climate control and alter it. Crude way can be mechanically locking it in such a position, but then it will no longer be auto climate.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 13:47   #20

Thanks Jaggu.

I had an inkling it wouldn't allow me off the bat. Just wanted to check if there was an option to maybe alter some settings.

Cheers
p06rakeshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

what exactly is a Manual climate control? and how is it different from Automatic Climate control?
Or is the first just a fancy name for an AC? asking based on what i saw on the nexon brochure
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Basically system will have multiple sensors and according to the reading will divert the air. Moment one presets it will no longer be auto.
It isn't that sophisticated, in 90% of the cars on sale.

There is just one temperature sensor, generally positioned somewhere around the point where the steering wheel column touches/goes into the lower dashboard and the flow of air is regulated going by that sensor's input.

This is also why most ACCs arent really as comfortable as they claim to be and one can see users operating their CC with the kind of air flow and the cooling they prefer over leaving it in auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what exactly is a Manual climate control? and how is it different from Automatic Climate control?
The difference is simple. In a vehicle with MCC, the user inputs the temperature desired by turning the temperature knob from coolest to hottest depending on what he/she is comfortable with. There is nothing to measure that specific degree of temperature, but a general idea of how cool he/she likes the air.

In a vehicle with ACC, the user chooses a temperature, which is generally displayed at different places and the CC system maintains that specific temperature in the vehicle depending on the sensor input that is relayed to it (Jaggu has mentioned the sensor above).
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote