Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th June 2008, 18:15   #1

Default Baleno Cng N Petrol Problem (RPM)

Hi ppl

I have a baleno (VXi) 2004 model which i bought 3 months back.The car is in great condition but the only problem i have been facing is that its
RPM falls down when idling after some time and the car starts to vibrate then it rises up after some time and then falls back.This continues........

Moreover I have CNG installed and recently i got Lambda and TAP fitted now the CNG guy says that the rpm problem is creating issues for proper functioning of lambda and he also increased the acceleration from throttle body u know through accelerator wire which i dont think is gud for the car...

When on CNG
And now while driving when i press the clutch to change the gear sometimes the rpm just falls down way too low and the car goes off this has increased a lot recently.....

Guyz plz help temme how to resolve the issue.......
both for Petrol n Cng

Thnx
Rohan
rohanmeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 19:18   #2
BHPian

Bro all you need to do is adjust the RPM regulator on the kit which is a big screw. This happens because the engine is not getting enough fuel(CNG).
DIY or take it to a fitter and get the settings right.
I have PMed you the number earlier when you had the query so take it to the guy, he will fix the problem. Its not a major issue to be concerned about.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 19:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

check the the sensor on the inlet manifold. that has failed or is loose.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 22:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

you seem to have a very similar problem i am facing, do post if it gets solved. i will remain thankful to you.
when does it happen, everytime or after car has run for sometime. i get this problem of under rpm after she has run and then in bumper to bumper traffic on small slope. car vibrations also increases and happens when in petrol
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 01:23   #5

I went to Motorcraft today and they cleaned the throttle body but still no improvement.The say that its bcoz of a faulty IAC Valve the reason being that on removing the wire of the IAC valve the rpm shud shoot to about 1500 but in my case it reaches till 1000 only or even below.

@gigy
And yes even in my case it happens after she has run for some time n the temperature reaches the normal level i guess thats because when the temp is low the rpm is high so the problem decreases....

DO U HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM WHERE IF THE ACCELERATOR IS PRESSED A LITTLE AND THE RPM IS AT 1500 THERE IS A KIND OF CONTINUOUS JERK IN THE ENGINE.THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN THE A/C IS OFF....

The IAC valve is for almost 10,000 as its a SGP part n not MGP...

Is there a way maybe through tech2 to confirm the problem as i dont want to spend 10,000 and still stay with the problem or shud i ask them to check something else........

Thnx
Rohan
Old 15th June 2008, 01:32   #6

Another thing that just striked me..........

I noticed there is huge noise of air or gas around the throttle body even when the car is on petrol mode and it increases when A/c is switched on.........

So that means its not the CNG thats making that noise so is it normal or is there a problem.....

And can TPS sensor be causing the problem instead of IAC valve as all the cng devices (lambda,advancer) are connected to TPS sensor and my lambda also does not keep up the rpm it keeps falling down everytime the clutch is pressed to change the gear......

Any CNG expert can advice ???????

Again is there a way through scanner to detect the problem with the sensor as the motorcraft ppl said that TECH2 wont show any problem....
Old 15th June 2008, 11:17   #7
BHPian

The plausible suspects in this case, is the Lamda Sensor itself, The adjustment of the Stepper is required along with Increased Gas flow into the Throttle manifold, Its not tuned properly.

The most common reason for RPM fluctuations is attributed to Dirty throttle- of which the Speed sensor and TPS need to cleaned.

You will also need to clean the CNG Housing ring on the Throttle, At times Carbon accumalates inside the Vents, which need to be cleaned throughly.

This should solve the issue. At the same time, please check the plugs and Ignition coil- it has been reported that at times Missing and Shut-downs happen incase either these are at fault.

BTW Tech 2 will not help in any case, Since the ECU is emmulated to belive the car is running on petrol, so the issue has to be isolated on the CNG kit itself.

Every Lamda sensor can be tuned to correct the readings. Get your done from your Installer.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote