Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2008, 13:33   #106
BHPian

what @ CNG and LPG cars ? is de-carbonization required to those cars?

Last edited by neo_trace : 12th February 2008 at 13:36.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:02   #107
BHPian

I feel that a de-carb is required on CNG driven vehicles at a much higher Odo reading. As of now at 25,000 I don't simply see the need since CNG comparitively to LPG and Petrol burns cleaner and leaves less carbon.

Give or Take, I would want to experiment with Decarb closer to 40-50,000 KM range.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:26   #108
BHPian

Angry Help Needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
My office astra s go to national garage at haji ali - thieves , they are thieves i tell you , but if you insist on being there for small stuff all good .

Have some official opel guys decarb your car , i say , even KS's workshop
has a decarb machine speak to him maybe but do it through official opel .

Mind you you will have to flush and change your oil too , get new spark plugs and get your valve clearances adjusted while your at it.
Do an 100 000 km service or something man.
Hey cyneverdie,
Unfortunately, my car also goes there only...They have been robbing me blind for months. Just sent my car there right now (a week back) for the 1 lakh kms servicing and got charged 2 grand just for oil change and engine flush

This was because i dont know where else to get my car serviced?
Could you please tell me where are these "OFFICIAL OPEL GUYS"???
Old 15th February 2008, 23:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Had it done on 11 year 800,cost me around 1900 bucks.Really don't know whether it was useful or not but did just because Maruti Udyog recommends it to be done every n no of kilometers.
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:59   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
IMO, for most cars today, de-carb treatment is a waste of $ and time.
B
For someone with my style of driving I completely disagree with you.
Even my mom's car -an opel - likes being decarb'd , even she says the car feels better.
BUT each to his own.
Old 28th March 2008, 09:17   #111
BHPian

My santro has completed 42K. Is it advisable to get carbon cleaning done thry local mecanic? Huyndai ASC told me not to do as it will lead to leakages later? Is it true?

I am very much keen on doing carbon cleaning, but fear of leakage bother me. please guide me on this. Also please advice which engine flush is best. OWS or STP?
Old 31st March 2008, 11:15   #112
BHPian

Default Engine Flush in an old car? Side Effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashutosh View Post
My santro has completed 42K. Is it advisable to get carbon cleaning done thry local mecanic? Huyndai ASC told me not to do as it will lead to leakages later? Is it true?

I am very much keen on doing carbon cleaning, but fear of leakage bother me. please guide me on this. Also please advice which engine flush is best. OWS or STP?
Dear Friends and Gurus,
My problem is similar to Aashutosh's. I have a 2000 model hyundai accent which has done only 35K kms. It is a pre-owned car and to the best of my knowledge, i am not aware of any carbon cleaning or engine flush job. from some of the posts in this thread, i figure that carbon cleaning may not go down well on such an old car. would you recommend engine flush? What are it's side effects? i am rather happy with the performance of this car and am a bit worried about disturbing something which is already in a very satisfactory state. What do you suggest friends?
Thanks in advance,
Harsha
Old 31st March 2008, 17:16   #113
BHPian

To what i have read here on bhp, i think that it is high mileage cars (Santro done only 42K and accent done only 35k) and not old cars that react badly to engine flush. Anyways, if you are happy with it, why bother.
Anyways, let the experts help you out.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:11   #114
BHPian

I have just given my getz for the 20k service, and the service adviser suggested engine decorbonization, i have at present rejected it, and was thinking whether to go for it or not. Is it necessary to change engine oil after decarbonization. I am asking this because my car is running on mobil 1 5w50 and it has run only 5k kms. Please advise soon, as if engine oil change is not necessary, i will go for the decarbonization.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:43   #115
BHPian

Hemant don't go in for decarb now. Not required until 30-35k kms. Since you've put mobil 1, the oil is good to go till 25000 kms, so do not change oil and oil filter. Maybe at 25k, you can try injection cleaning
Old 30th July 2008, 13:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Hemant don't go in for decarb now. Not required until 30-35k kms. Since you've put mobil 1, the oil is good to go till 25000 kms, so do not change oil and oil filter. Maybe at 25k, you can try injection cleaning

Thanks for the suggestion. I too thought the same and gave up the idea of decarb, and thought of doing it when i change the oil.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 30th July 2008 at 13:15.
Old 11th August 2008, 00:19   #117
BHPian

Nice Thread. Can anybody know where I can do this decarbonisation in Chennai other than TASS.
Old 12th September 2008, 19:59   #118
BHPian

I am just bumping this thread as I am decarbonizing my Safari in my friends workshop(manual, no automatic decarb) and here are the photos, if anybody interested:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...es-here-2.html
Old 18th September 2008, 12:14   #119
BHPian

My Palio 1.6 GTX has done 65K kms and planning to go for Fuel Injection System Cleaning, Throttle body cleaning and Engine Decarbonization. This service is offered in concorde motors bangalore, Anybody has done such work so far for a Palio 1.6?

Also want to know If I need to go for soft decarbonization/Hard decarbonization of the Engine, what is the difference between these two and how effective it is to improve the performance? After decarbonizing should I still go for Air Induction System cleaning?

The URL which talks about Decarb Services offered by tata motors is below.
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Decarbonising & Engine Flush

Am planning to leave the vehicle for service tomorrow and get these works done their. Any suggestions/ideas would be of great help for me

Last edited by ravikn : 18th September 2008 at 12:19.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:13   #120
BHPian

For Fuel Injection Cleaning do not go to TASS. (Those stupids just pour BG 208 into fuel tank, it will not clean your injectors even to 10%) If your fuel injectors are from LUCAS you can directly go to Lucas India Service station (opp. to Spensor in Chennai). They charge you only Rs. 450 and they are the experts in this field. For MICO, go to Bosch service station.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 18th September 2008 at 17:15.
Closed Thread