Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th August 2014, 19:39   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Sx4 ZXI CNG Conversion/ICE Query

Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Ok. Trying to get the kit fitted this Friday at Eco Fuel, Ghatloper.
Hope all goes well. I have asked them to pick up and drop the car as I will not be able to go there. Hope they do a good job.
Please give feedback about how the sequential kit has been since you installed it. Thanks.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 21:15   #17

I had no problem for 1 year and more than 10k kms. Then last year one day suddenly the engine overheated on the highway and I noticed it late. The car stalled just as I stopped. I had to tow the car to Mumbai. The Maruti service center diagnosed the problem in the engine head and said it was due to the CNG. Had to get head machined but till date problem not solved. Car gives jerks which have increased recently. Have given car to another smaller service center. Had removedthe CNG kit last year itself.
I am not sure whether the problem was really due to CNG or not. My advice is to get CNG fitted from Maruti authorised dealer so that they are bound to cover under warranty if problem arises.

Last edited by jesrani : 7th August 2014 at 21:16.
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote