Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th June 2008, 08:35   #1
BHPian

Arrow ECM info

Hi there

Thanks for the Indian government for introducing the Euro Emissions Laws in India. Otherwise there would not have been any MPFI system or in other words technological upgradations by the OEM's in India.

Year by Year by the number of sensor to reduce have been increasing and also nowadays even the car in the A2 segments are equipped with ABS and Airbags. It makes me wonder how is ECU copping up with all these increased load. Is there a separate ECU for ABS or Airbags? If yes then how do they work together and where are they placed.

The main purpose of starting this thread is to shed some light on the working of the ECU's in our modern cars.

Thanks

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 10:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
...Year by Year by the number of sensor to reduce have been increasing and also nowadays even the car in the A2 segments are equipped with ABS and Airbags. It makes me wonder how is ECU copping up with all these increased load....

Please see this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-load-ecu.html (Is car performance without safety systems better - due to less load on ECU?)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 08:35   #3
BHPian

HI

During mu short research i came across this useful link. Might be helpful.
http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/msds...se%20Study.pdf

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote