Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 13:44   #1
Default Maximum speed on stock cars

Hello all,

I dont know if this thread fits in here or someplace else, mods please move if you feel it fits some other forum better.

I was searching the forum to know whats the top speed or maximum speed that users have achieved on their swift but couldnt find anything
and I am not looking at cars that are tuned or performance driven on tracks but stock cars in general and wether they match claims given by manufacturers!

this came in my mind after my particular experience in my swift zxi over this weekend when i was driving back home via the mumbai pune expressway

i absolutley love my car and its about 9 months old and done close to 9000 km on the odo

i am not a rally driver and prefer maintaining speeds at around 120 ish but this time i went ahead to see what i can achieve on my car

love the way the car handles itself at high speeds and i reached a max speed of 145 kmph, the car just wouldnt push higher (pic attached)

i was a little dissapointed as i have read reviews of car reaching top speeds of 159 kmph and even one review had 174 kmph

so i was wondering if anyone has tried achieving top / max speed on their stock swifts and if they could tell me how much it was or if i am supposed to drive in a better way

Attached Images
Old 24th June 2008, 15:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

A very old topic. If you want to continue, post here.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread