Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th July 2008, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Default Fiat Petra's Trip Meter Problem

Hi all,

My car's trip meter have gone bad, thanks to my son who kept pressing & playing with the reset button whenever I was not in car. Problem now is that trip meter does not get reset and also the trip meter readings are stuck at a point and it does not change.
Odo meter is working fine.
When I took the car to service, Service advisor said that it cannot be repaired and the whole assembly needs to be replaced which will cost around 7-8K. Did anyone had such problem before and how did they get it repaired. I can't invest 7-8K just to replace the trip meter so I am living with the faulty trip meter but always I found trip meter a useful tool to calculate my car's fuel Efficiency and my trip logs.

Any pointers on how to fix the problem will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
GD
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 12:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

GD, if you are in Bangalore, there is one guy who fixes the Odo, check the details in this post from PUG:

Yahoo! Groups
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 12:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
GD, if you are in Bangalore, there is one guy who fixes the Odo, check the details in this post from PUG:

Yahoo! Groups
Thanks Finneyp.
But right now I am in Gurgaon. Going back to Bangalore it still a couple of months away. does some one knows about any mechanic in NCR region?
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote