Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th July 2008, 17:52   #31
Default Doesn't work in Verna and Elantra

It is quite surprising. One of my friends has a Verna and has seen this procedure documented in his Service Book (!!!). Even he doesnt seem to get this working. It doesnt work in my Elantra as well. It would have been such a useful feature for most of our cars if this feature existed.
convivial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:06   #32

Originally Posted by convivial View Post
It is quite surprising. One of my friends has a Verna and has seen this procedure documented in his Service Book (!!!). Even he doesnt seem to get this working. It doesnt work in my Elantra as well. It would have been such a useful feature for most of our cars if this feature existed.
most european makes have this feature though, seen it on a fiesta too. also, just out of curiosity i checked the reading again in the afternoon today after driving 44kms yesterday, it still came to 50L. As mentioned earlier on the Team Bhp forum (i dont remember which one) the fuel tank capacity is close to 57-58L which is excellent for long range travellers who prefer fueling up in major cities only. considering my first outstation trip to malshej i got 18.5km/litre, so if you calculate worse mileage than this, the range is still a good 1000kms on a single tank. Impressive!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 17th July 2008 at 18:08. Reason: forget to add something
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 17:21   #33

hi there,

this feature was demonstrated to my by the person who came to explain me the features of the car. I was pleasantly surprised by this feature. Have been using it since.

This is my first post. I just purchased a new Logan DLE (base version) from Global Gallarie, thane and registered the same in pune. Driven around 1900 kms in roughly 25 days. Will give a detailed report on the vehicle in one of the posts.

So far so good. The vehicle is performing as per its promise though i have faced a lot of niggles here and there. I will mention it in the my report.

Take care
mishranishant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 14:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Am truly fascinated by this post of yours. A colleague owns the same version and we just tried this out now and it worked like a charm. He didn't know it existed, till i bumped into this thread this morning.

Thanks for the tip!

gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 12:20   #35

just some issues here regarding to the accuracy of the litres. i had 9 lts in the tank previous to filling it up. I put in 36.40 lts in (1400 bucks). the total fuel should have been around 45 /46 lts. However it showed 50 lts.

After having driven around 110 kms after the fill, the vehicle read is showing 45 lts with one notch down in the fuel meter. the only thing i did wrong i guess is kept the engine running while the fuel was being filled. Earlier whenever i had filled in the fuel the vehicle was in the off position. :-).

Maybe some senior here might help out and tell us the reason behind this anamoly. :-)
mishranishant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 18:26   #36
Default Secret menu in new age cars

Hi All,
All the new age cars come with digital read-outs in the dashboard/instrument console and display a variety of information - ODO, trip meters, Fuel economy, DTG, etc. Well, there is every chance that there are hidden/secret menus in these cars that display additional information or self diagnostics. Mainly used by service engineers but these are not as elaborate as the OBD info.

Logan 1.6
Well, i am sharing one such menu for Logan 1.6 Petrol.(My friend observed what the service guy was doing). Here is the sequence to get into the menu.
1. While the ignition switch is off, press the trip reset button in the console.
2. Keeping the button pressed, switch on the ignition (donīt start the car)

This will initiate the self diagnostics - the cluster meters go full scale back and forth and so on...
Then you get the secret menu. Navigate through the menu entries using the button on the side stalk. I dont remember the exact menus but it includes the amount of fuel left in the tank in terms of litres.

I request members to post any such menus for any cars in this thread.

Mods: I searched the forum and could not find any thread with the above information. Please move/merge to the appropriate forum if i had missed it.
bejoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 20:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! couldn't even think about this. But my question is, why do the secret menu's even exist? Why can't the manufacturers provide in regular menu? Is it something like to hide it now & provide as feature enhancement in future? I would be glad to learn the contributions on this thread.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 21:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20 with FATC (Fully Automatic Temperature Control) models.
Hidden Diagnostic menu.
To get into the self diagnosis mode

1. Put the key into the ignition hole
2. Turn the key into ON position so the dashboard lights illuminates (No starting of engine)
3. Press and hold the OFF button, then press the MODE button more than 4 times within 2seconds

4. The you can see the Display unit of a/c illuminates like in the video and display codes starts blinking.
5. Now the diagnosis starts
6. press the A/C button to proceed to next step
7. after completion it will come into the original condition
8. Incase if you wants to quit anytime press OFF button

Here are the other codes which will display if any of the component related to F.A.T.C malfunctions.

00 = Normal
11 = In-car temparature sensor open
12 = In-car temparature sensor short
13 = Ambient temparature sensor open
14 = Ambient temparature sensor short
17 = Evaporator temparature sensor open
18 = Evaporator temparature sensor short
19 = Temparature control actuator feed back open
20 = Temparature control actuatore failure
21 = Mode Control actuator open
21 = Mode control actuator short
22 = Mode control actuator failure
25 = Intake potentiometer open
25 = Intake potentiometer short
26 = Intake potentiometer failure
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:34   #39

does anyone know the procedure for fiat punto?
this is rather interesting
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 05:39   #40

This is rather nice feature, though it's unlikely to get people to forget about the Logan's looks.
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 15:16   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting thread.

This is OT here but nevertheless:

I own a Suzuuki Grand Vitara and after reading this I tried something on my vehicle. The GV has a multi function display that shows the fuel average and normally you can toggle between instant average and cumulative average.

Today I kept the reset button pressed and switched on the ignition. After that I was able to toggle the output on fuel average from mile/gallon (MPG) to Lt/100Kms to Kms/Lt. I do not recall this documented anywhere in the manual.
sudev is offline   Reply With Quote