Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd July 2008, 19:48   #1
BHPian

Default How to replace Air filter in Ford Ikon

All,

Please let me know how to replace the Air filter in Ford Ikon. Is it possible to do it ourselves or need to go to a workshop?
shalini_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:48   #2
BHPian

Replacing an air filter is a pretty simple task, can be by ourselves in most of the cases. I am not sure about the ford ikon, but in all the maruti's (mpfi's), the air filter box is secured by clips which can be easily opened and closed..

Maybe someone having an ikon can give you specific instructions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
All,

Please let me know how to replace the Air filter in Ford Ikon. Is it possible to do it ourselves or need to go to a workshop?
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:02   #3
BHPian

If I remember correctly, the access the the air filter in the Ikon is not all that easy unlike some of the other cars.

If you are not the DIY kind you will require a mechanic to change the filter for you.
rchimni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 22:43   #4
BHPian

For the Ikon as rchimni rightly suggested is not a DIY job as the air-box is screwd in with l-key screws(the ones which have a pentagram type engraved screw), unlike most cars which have a clip on type release latch for the air-box.
So you would probably have to get the car to a mechanic for a change or even to clean up, which was very frustrating for me till i got a conical filter.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote