Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th April 2009, 07:51   #16

A very good concept from the TATA's.
Where you have an option to move between different engine options.

Off Topic:
It would be good if Mitsubishi offers easy MIVEC or MIVEC Turbo transplant options along with transmission changes for the Cedias
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 18:23   #17

every auto manufacturer in india (unless i'm missing something) sells complete engines for current models! and they should be available throughout the country not only in coimby!
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 19:05   #18
Post Half-engines from Maruti

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Thats cool and prices seem reasonable. Is something similar available for Maruti as well?
Hi NetFreak, yes, Maruti has something similar, only they call it a "half-engine". I was told you get a new block, crank, pistons, & rods, i.e. everything except the head. The half-engine is positioned as a more reliable alternative to having a typical 1L Kms overhaul done on an engine (lathe work).

Costs are quite reasonable too - I remember the costs for the F8D being 12K, for the F10D being 24K, for the G13B being 36K, & for the G16B being 66K (these prices are at least a year old). Any authorized Maruti service center or dealer should be able to order a half-engine for you from Maruti (I think you have to provide the engine number of your existing engine though).

P.S. - I don't remember seeing the M16A on the half-engine list...

Last edited by im_srini : 20th April 2009 at 19:17.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 19:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

I aspire to replace my indica's engine(which is not in a good condition) with a recon engine.Will Someone experienced with engine overhaul of indica please tell me whether I should go for a Total Engine Overhaul(Quoted 10-12K by workshop-not A.S.C) or Go for recon?
deepclutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 12:13   #20
Default Re: Engines In Coimbatore

Has tata stopped supplying the rebuilt engines, compressors and power steerings for their passenger cars? their site doesnt have the passenger cars listed for reconditioned parts anymore.

only commercial vehicles are covered under tata pro life scheme
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote