Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2016, 20:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Radiator Fan keeps running, even after the ignition is off!

I have seen the Fiat Uno diesel fan run even after the ignition was switched off. Same for my Honda Accord. So in some cars this is a feature. Best check with the service centre to know how your particular car behaves.
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 21:18   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Radiator Fan keeps running, even after the ignition is off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I have heard about Fiat Palio's radiator fan which would run independent of ignition being on or off. In most other cars, fan won't run until there is a faulty relay or some electrical failure.
All said and done, I would never be comfortable working inside the hood of such cars where the fan might start with ignition being off!
Regards.
Not sure which Palio you would have heard about but I have a Palio stile and fan does not switch on when ignition is off. But yes the fan does run for sometime before switching off even after taking the keys off from the ignition.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 22:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Radiator Fan keeps running, even after the ignition is off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
All said and done, I would never be comfortable working inside the hood of such cars where the fan might start with ignition being off!
Regards.

Safety first! That's one of the reasons you should disconnect the battery before starting any work inside the hood!

The manual will mention this too

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 5th November 2016 at 22:37.
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote