Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th May 2014, 12:34   #16
Default Re: Outside air entering cabin even with a/c in recirculation mode.

Mine is a Hyundai Getz 1.3GLS. Recently I had my car's evaporator changed by MCC Motors, Perumbakkam due to ineffective cooling. And also the Refrigerant was filled up(completely leaked earlier). I was told that they didn’t remove the dashboard to get these done.

After the service, my car is sucking in outside smells/fumes even when the A/C is in recirc mode. When I asked MCC Motors about it, they claim complete innocence. Don’t know what went wrong when they carried out the A/C service.

Any guesses on what went wrong? – torn grommets/tear in insulation foams/misaligned fitment after service???

I don’t know if plugging in the fresh air inlet(hole in the BIW) will resolve this issue. If this is the best solution, what is the best way to do it – will plugging the BIW hole with heatlon foam by removing the Cowl be good enough (or) do I have to remove the dashboard and seal the blower inlet duct with a plastic sheet?

Please suggest..
arunkumar_rec is offline   Reply With Quote