Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 17:00   #316
BHPian
 
maheshmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai / Bangalore
Posts: 123
Thanked: 4 Times
Question Immobiliser Reactivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
Here is the disarm procedure documented after actually trying out the disarm operation. It's just a re-worded version of the one listed by Tata Motors/Minda on the back-side of the control unit card. The only addition is the horn disabling step.
  1. Make sure the four-digit control-unit code (confidential code) is handy.
  2. Open the driver-side door with the key ; the alarm will set off ; remove the horn-fuse [ location as indicated in the pictures; refer earlier post ] ; the horn-alarm should stop now.
  3. { RED == the red "lock" indicator in the driver-side instrument cluster } Insert the key in the ignition, turn it to ON position and then to OFF. RED will go off for ~ 5 sec and then start flashing. Count the flashes ; when the number of ON/OFF flashes equals the first digit of the control-unit code, turn ON the ignition and then OFF. RED will ‘vibrate’ to indicate successful match. Then, RED will go off for ~ 5 sec and start flashing again. Repeat for remaining 3 digits. [ Note : In case of any mistake while “keying-in” the code, take out the key, wait for a few seconds and repeat step 3. ]
  4. The immobilizer will get disarmed and the engine is ready to start firing !!. Replace the horn-fuse.
Hope it helps.

cheers,
Thanks for the info !!

But just wanted to confirm that the Immobiliser REACTIVATION is by again locking using the remote???
maheshmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 20:26   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Thanks for the info !!

But just wanted to confirm that the Immobiliser REACTIVATION is by again locking using the remote???
If you are trying out the disarm procedure just to familiarize yourself, then you can obviously (re)arm the immobilizer using the remote.

But in real life, if you are faced with a situation where the remote unit fails to disarm/unlock the vehicle, you would then be using just the key to disarm the immobilizer as explained in the procedure. In this case, after you use/drive the vehicle, you just switch off the engine and lock the driver-side door using the key. With the engine being off, the immobilizer will automatically get armed, after a few minutes - [ you would see the flashing RED lock indicator ]

cheers,
ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 09:53   #318
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 123
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Chevron Distributors in B'lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
thanks nitrous, i came across this link Delo: Asia Pacific which one should i go for, Caltex Delo 400 Multigrade Engine Oil?
if i need to buy the oil myself, what kind of places to buy from, i hope the regular fuel bunks would stock it, thanks for the suggestions again.
kind of late,but here's a list of distributors in B'lore from where you can buy Delo-400

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]1. Balaji Motors, MKK Road, Opp Gayathri Park, Rajajinagar 1st Block, Bangalore Ph: 080-23521182, Contact person Mr. Vikash.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2. AVS Corporation, 3/1A,II Block,II main, VI Sector,MCHS Colony,HSR Layout,Bangalore-560034 Phone 98452 49978 Contact Person : Mr. Siddharth [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
rb2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 19:45   #319
BHPian
 
maheshmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai / Bangalore
Posts: 123
Thanked: 4 Times
Question Immobiliser Deactivation Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
If you are trying out the disarm procedure just to familiarize yourself, then you can obviously (re)arm the immobilizer using the remote.

But in real life, if you are faced with a situation where the remote unit fails to disarm/unlock the vehicle, you would then be using just the key to disarm the immobilizer as explained in the procedure. In this case, after you use/drive the vehicle, you just switch off the engine and lock the driver-side door using the key. With the engine being off, the immobilizer will automatically get armed, after a few minutes - [ you would see the flashing RED lock indicator ]

cheers,
Dear AK ,
sorry to drag the issue, but I just checked what I got from the dealer, I got 2 key bunches with the remote, also recieved a plastic card along with it, on one side was embossed 2 Alphabets followed by 2 Numbers (eg. AA-11), this I am asuming to be the key number. On the other side is a computer printed sticker with 2 series of numbers of four digits each seperated by a hyphen (eg. 1111-1111). Is this the security code?? If not then I'll take up the issue with Tata.

Thanks
maheshmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 21:02   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Accidentally came across this in youtube, may be dadu and/or others can technically comment on something interesting happening over here or may be the steps as it happens. Anyway, otherwise, it is just a fun video


This is interesting it looks like that Horizan graphics has created Service Manual of Safari in CD , If a CD is created then it must be distributed to TASS and is it really impossible that a torrent exisits some where ?

Can some one having right connections in any TASS or Tata moters or horizan wants to persue this lead ?
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2008, 20:49   #321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

1.I had a problem with the 2.2 with the service light comming on and lag in power, finally after 10months my car has been taken to the Hosur road work shop and surprise surprise after 10months they finally accepted that there is an issue...need to thank Muralidhar who took personal interest to get it sorted out gave me a replacement car hope fully I will get the same in a days time...well all we can do is PRAY! Intially they diagnoised as speedometer sensor issue and replaced...to be fair to Tata electronic issues are always quite difficuly when light comes off as and when is feel like...hoping for a solution..
2. I did have a problem with the steerting with a khat sound..now seems to have gone off
3.noticed oil seal leaking from the behind not sure what you call that, where the axle gets connected...
just a follow up on my earlier thread...
kalsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 12:26   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Dear AK ,
sorry to drag the issue, but I just checked what I got from the dealer, I got 2 key bunches with the remote, also recieved a plastic card along with it, on one side was embossed 2 Alphabets followed by 2 Numbers (eg. AA-11), this I am asuming to be the key number. On the other side is a computer printed sticker with 2 series of numbers of four digits each seperated by a hyphen (eg. 1111-1111). Is this the security code?? If not then I'll take up the issue with Tata.

Thanks
Mahesh, which make is your truck's safety system ?. Minda ? Does the card have the disarm procedure listed on the back-side ?

For Minda, the card comes in a plastic cover. The cover has the Control Unit serial number. The card has the confidential code (4 digits) on one side and the disarm procedure on the back-side. I believe, the Control Unit serial number could be used to retrieve the confidential code in case you loose the card. i.e. Minda would be able to tell you the confidential code if you provide them the Control Unit serial number.

cheers,
ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 19:24   #323
BHPian
 
maheshmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chennai / Bangalore
Posts: 123
Thanked: 4 Times
Exclamation Immobiliser Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
Mahesh, which make is your truck's safety system ?. Minda ? Does the card have the disarm procedure listed on the back-side ?

For Minda, the card comes in a plastic cover. The cover has the Control Unit serial number. The card has the confidential code (4 digits) on one side and the disarm procedure on the back-side. I believe, the Control Unit serial number could be used to retrieve the confidential code in case you loose the card. i.e. Minda would be able to tell you the confidential code if you provide them the Control Unit serial number.

cheers,
HI Ak,

unfortunately don't have both !!! Should have double checked while taking delivery, unfortunately the excitement levels we running a little high!!

There is no mention of Minda on the remote, so no way of knowing! but Since my truck is an EX, it came factory fitted. Anyway have also written to Tata about it, I hope that this gets resolved!

But I am attaching the pix of the plate that came on the Key Ring (removed the last digit each, Sorry!) may be it may be of help.

Anyone there with any clue???

Thanks
Attached Images
 
maheshmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 22:18   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,649
Thanked: 807 Times
Default

I dont think there is anything to worry about here. If your Safari is new the TASS will resolve the issue. It is a Minda unnit. mine is similar and I too own an EX. Take your Safari to the TASS. they will give you a number of the MINDA chap. Call him and and give him a specified time. He will come to your location and fix it for you whatever the issue. The unit has a 1 year warranty. Mine was replaced due to poor range. The unit sits under the driver seat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
HI Ak,

unfortunately don't have both !!! Should have double checked while taking delivery, unfortunately the excitement levels we running a little high!!

There is no mention of Minda on the remote, so no way of knowing! but Since my truck is an EX, it came factory fitted. Anyway have also written to Tata about it, I hope that this gets resolved!

But I am attaching the pix of the plate that came on the Key Ring (removed the last digit each, Sorry!) may be it may be of help.

Anyone there with any clue???

Thanks
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 11:27   #325
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,603
Thanked: 14,875 Times
Default

your unit is minda, all EX have similar unit. It is entirely possible that the dealer forgot to give you ipod cable and the secret code
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 12:49   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
HI Ak,

unfortunately don't have both !!! Should have double checked while taking delivery, unfortunately the excitement levels we running a little high!!

There is no mention of Minda on the remote, so no way of knowing! but Since my truck is an EX, it came factory fitted.

Thanks
Mahesh, the remote in the picture is of Minda make. The card with code comes in a separate packet - not with the owner's manual. You may want to frisk your truck once before contacting TASS/Minda. Should you still not find it, it shouldn't be a problem for TASS/Minda to re-issue the card/code.

cheers,
ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 16:53   #327
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default

Pretty annoying when rattles goes off of on its own.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 17:30   #328
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,603
Thanked: 14,875 Times
Default

The Safari EX monogram on the rear has rusted!!
this is on a 5 month old vehicle!!?
Will I get a free replacement under warranty?
My Indica's monograms are still going strong after years of (ab)use
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 17:53   #329
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,649
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The Safari EX monogram on the rear has rusted!!
this is on a 5 month old vehicle!!?
Will I get a free replacement under warranty?
My Indica's monograms are still going strong after years of (ab)use

IIRC, NOIDA water is quite hard, even the water pipes rot away due to the rust, monogram is a petty thing, replace it.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 19:23   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
IIRC, NOIDA water is quite hard, even the water pipes rot away due to the rust, monogram is a petty thing, replace it.
the water here is pathetic for vehicles.

When i shifted to Noida 2 yrs ago,i made the mistake of getting my zen washed at my apartment.the whole painted part of the body became rough.

that was the last day i got any of my drives washed here.

so,just stay away from noida water,rather use a damp cloth and keep using some good polish like 3M every month.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread anandbhat Technical Stuff 1010 24th November 2016 13:48
Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 11 24th June 2011 20:48
technical aspects in technical driving ram_hyundai Technical Stuff 1 2nd February 2008 21:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks