Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 12:07   #4426
Senior - BHPian
 
gowda79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,463
Thanked: 119 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Guys anyone faced such kind of problem mentioned below -

1) ABS light is ON and the vehicle does not start
2) The service light switches ON immediately after the cranking.

Do let me know if any solution
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 16:23   #4427
BHPian
 
sumannandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 690
Thanked: 204 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

So the alternator belt snapped today, leaving me stranded for the second time in 18 months. I must say that the car was better handled when it was under Concorde ar my FNG a couple of years back, since we have the car under Aadya's service, issues start creeping up.

Car is again towed to the service center. Issues.

1. Alternator belt snapped (second time after 18 times, last time it was changed 18 months back from Prerana motors, so much for quality.

2. Broken door handle (they broke it while replacing clutch plate, will do it FOC).

3. Broken silencer pipe (they broke it while replacing clutch plate, and charging for it).

4. They disconnected Autocops and completely denied, so all these days I could not lock the car since the central locking key is also not working (after fixing twice at the same workshop).

5. Indicator relay not working (since past 4-5 months).

6. Starting trouble, asked them to check for air leakage in fuel pipe as suggested. They gave me a funny statement - if the car is driven without touching accelerator, there will be no fuel supply and obviously it will not start once you stop. SO I asked, how do you drive the car then, shouldn't it stop? And how did we drive all these years? They had no answers and finally decided to check.


Denied delivery of the vehicle till all issues fixed. They promised to deliver it by today.

Last edited by sumannandy : 13th June 2012 at 16:26.
sumannandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 19:24   #4428
BHPian
 
ankur_gupta10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 196
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

The safari gas has leaked. It happened last years also and the service center (autolink) changed the full condensor and fan, and make me pay 6.5k even under extended warranty. Not going to same thugs again.

Now can anybody provide a good reference for aftermarket A/C servicing center in delhi. Preferably south Delhi.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 15:28   #4429
BHPian
 
Dragonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

The AC of my 3 Litre Dicor does not do sufficient cooling, supposedly the compressor does not stay on for longer than 1 min when the while is stationary. When it is moving I guess it stays on for a longer time because then only I can feel some cooling. The TASS here at Noida says that some wiring is at fault but my hunch is the thermostat. Whatever it is, they have told me that they need to open the dash board and check deeper into the problem.

Any suggestion guys as to what could be the issue as I do no want to get the dash board opened up.
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 15:32   #4430
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,605
Thanked: 14,876 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Is the condenser fan coming on when AC comes on. It could be a simple case of condenser fan fuse blowing, or issue with the fan.
Just bend down and see whether the fan switches on or not.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 16:01   #4431
BHPian
 
Dragonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Hi Tanveer, thanks for the tip, the condenser fan does switch on when the AC is switched on. But then again within a minute the compressor gets switched off and the cycle is repeated. I guess there is some other issue.
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 16:29   #4432
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,605
Thanked: 14,876 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Hi Tanveer, thanks for the tip, the condenser fan does switch on when the AC is switched on. But then again within a minute the compressor gets switched off and the cycle is repeated. I guess there is some other issue.
When the compressor is on, how is the cooling? Does it cool fine, and then the compressor stops, or is the cooling poor even with compressor on?

Go to SAI AC in noida sector 16. They will see if its a compressor problem or your system is low on gas.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 16:43   #4433
BHPian
 
Dragonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
When the compressor is on, how is the cooling? Does it cool fine, and then the compressor stops, or is the cooling poor even with compressor on?

Go to SAI AC in noida sector 16. They will see if its a compressor problem or your system is low on gas.
The cooling is fine when the compressor is ON. Will have it checked at SAI AC, btw could you provide some directions where exactly in Sector 16 is it ? Thanks.
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 17:25   #4434
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,605
Thanked: 14,876 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Its in the "AC lane" where lots of shops of ACs are there. When you enter the market, you will see bridgestone select(big store), keep going straight on this road(it goes to that bus depo)
At the next turn after bridgestone, turn left, and then take first right, Sai will be towards your right
Captain Vijyant Thapar Marg to Unknown road - Google Maps
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 16:49   #4435
BHPian
 
Dragonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Its in the "AC lane" where lots of shops of ACs are there. When you enter the market, you will see bridgestone select(big store), keep going straight on this road(it goes to that bus depo)
At the next turn after bridgestone, turn left, and then take first right, Sai will be towards your right
Got the AC work done. Actually the connector to the condenser fan was short circuiting and finally the fan conked of at their shop. Had it replaced and now all is fine.
Interestingly, the make of the fan on the Safari was of Subros which is not available anymore in the market. So had to get some other local brand, lets see how long does this one last as the Subros one lasted 6 years. Thanks, again !
Dragonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 03:05   #4436
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 377
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Also one more thing which service adviser has identified and informed the driver was that there is visibility of slight Blockage in one of the fuel injectors and has asked him to get it cleaned outside any where since its a job which is possible out side and the Service station doesn't entertain cleaning the Injectors.

also he said if it has requested to change in the service station he can get it replaced for 12k for one injector.

now the question to all Safari owners is where can i get the injector cleaned in Bangalore any reliable Service station where i can go and get the job done, or any one got it done any where in bangalore.

much help is appreciated in advance.
Finally gave my beast to the Bosch for the Fuel Injectors cleaning with the help of my Cousin.

since when i was in India for an emergency Holiday i was not able to take it to any service station/Mechanic.

After i came back my cousin used the vehicle for couple of days and before he left back to home town he dropped the vehicle in Bosch Service station for Injectors cleaning(sent it through one of my close circle from MY TVS in Mysore road).

will post the cost and result details shortly.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 09:13   #4437
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Got the AC work done. Actually the connector to the condenser fan was short circuiting and finally the fan conked of at their shop. Had it replaced and now all is fine.
Interestingly, the make of the fan on the Safari was of Subros which is not available anymore in the market. So had to get some other local brand, lets see how long does this one last as the Subros one lasted 6 years. Thanks, again !
3l right? I got mine changed recently @ 1.02lac on odo. The bushes had gone and there was no other option. Paid 4k for whole job at a local ac guy.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 11:36   #4438
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,649
Thanked: 242 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Finally gave my beast to the Bosch for the Fuel Injectors cleaning with the help of my Cousin.

since when i was in India for an emergency Holiday i was not able to take it to any service station/Mechanic.

After i came back my cousin used the vehicle for couple of days and before he left back to home town he dropped the vehicle in Bosch Service station for Injectors cleaning(sent it through one of my close circle from MY TVS in Mysore road).

will post the cost and result details shortly.
Ok as I understand, you gave it to MY TVS and they removed and gave it to BOSCH for cleaning !! do post the results and costs. How much has your Safari run-in ?

Last edited by dadu : 18th June 2012 at 11:41.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 11:51   #4439
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 377
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Ok as I understand, you gave it to MY TVS and they removed and gave it to BOSCH for cleaning !! do post the results and costs. How much has your Safari run-in ?
Yes you are understanding is correct Dadu, my safari has run a little more than 100k KMS. without any major issue till now.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 11:56   #4440
BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 213 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Yes you are understanding is correct Dadu, my safari has run a little more than 100k KMS. without any major issue till now.
This is interesting. If BOSCH will service Delphi Injectors, then there is an alternative to going to TASS and replacing the injectors!

Look forward to the review after you get the car back.

cheers!
Srini
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread anandbhat Technical Stuff 1010 24th November 2016 13:48
Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 11 24th June 2011 20:48
technical aspects in technical driving ram_hyundai Technical Stuff 1 2nd February 2008 21:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks