Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 15:09   #5071
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 1,142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
New issue to report. I am at Dharmastala right now and the Safari refuses to get into reverse gear. Full family is involved in pushing the ship.
Oops, that's bad, hope you come back without any further problems, these things are what dents a buyer's confidence in a Tata vehicle, I can feel your frustration.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 17:27   #5072
BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post

BLACK1 - i just got my mechanic to check the issue and he said you are absolutely correct,going to check the wiring in a couple of days as i am travelling,also one more advice that i would greatly appreciate is that the ac does the cooling only when the blower is set at highest speed, ie 4 and after cooling whenever i reduce it to speed 3 or 2 it stops cooling. Any idea why this happens?
Get the ac gas levels checked...
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 00:30   #5073
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 256
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hari - how much did the shield cost?

Also, I need a help from Safari owners, specifically those based out of Bangalore - one of the "bonnet damper" rubbers of my Safari has been missing for some time now. Here is a picture to explain it better (courtesy Rahulk76's thread on LTOR). I have been following up with KHT motors for over a month now without any results. They say that this part number is not available in Tata Motors' database (I find this hard to believe) and hence they are trying to procure it from their "local" sources, which might take time. Any pointers on where in Bangalore can this be procured would be highly appreciated.
Hello, I happened to find one of those dampers while cleaning my house today. Let me know if any one needs it. I've sold my Safari, but I still have a lot of Safari junk lying around.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-p1220456.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-p1220457.jpg  

Holyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 07:18   #5074
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Battery down/drained!

How do I open the door; remote doesn't work or rather no juice in battery to unlock!

Have jumper cable etc ready but I have to be inside Safari to try it/open bonnet!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 07:30   #5075
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 71
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Battery down/drained!

How do I open the door; remote doesn't work or rather no juice in battery to unlock!

Have jumper cable etc ready but I have to be inside Safari to try it/open bonnet!
Can you try unlocking any of the three doors (Driver, Passenger or Back Door) with the key? That should allow you to get inside the car.
naman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 09:11   #5076
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
Can you try unlocking any of the three doors (Driver, Passenger or Back Door) with the key? That should allow you to get inside the car.
Tried driver side; couldnt. Impossible to enter via back door ( thats how its parked). Will try via passenger door later by eve.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 09:23   #5077
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 447
Thanked: 231 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Tried driver side; couldnt. Impossible to enter via back door ( thats how its parked). Will try via passenger door later by eve.
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. Try the co-driver door. It will budge. The mechanical lock will allow to be opened by manual key. Don't ask me why the driver side will not budge.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 10:31   #5078
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,063
Thanked: 2,859 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Tried driver side; couldnt. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. ...
The electric lock is an add-on the to mechanical lock, so no reason why it will not open with the key. Are you turning it in the right direction?

A 'drained' battery would still have enough juice to open the door lock. Are you sure the remote's battery is OK?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 10:54   #5079
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,606
Thanked: 14,883 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The electric lock is an add-on the to mechanical lock, so no reason why it will not open with the key. Are you turning it in the right direction?

A 'drained' battery would still have enough juice to open the door lock. Are you sure the remote's battery is OK?
It won work. We never use our locks. I have seen, in most vehicles, the keyhole becomes unusable because something jams up inside. The mechanical component stops working. Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 11:05   #5080
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,063
Thanked: 2,859 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
... Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.
Sure, can happen. A healthy shot of WD40 and some jiggling of the key should do the trick for JK too.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 12:12   #5081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 256
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Battery down/drained!

How do I open the door; remote doesn't work or rather no juice in battery to unlock!

Have jumper cable etc ready but I have to be inside Safari to try it/open bonnet!
The driver or passenger door should with a completely drained battery. I had faced this situation when I went out of station for 2 weeks with glove box light on. You absolutely dont get any feedback while turning the key, but it will unlock. In my case it didnt have the juice to unlock other doors, it unlocked only driver door.
I forgot the direction, but i think it is clockwise. Just turn and try opening the door.
Holyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 09:18   #5082
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Don't try the driver door as it controls the rest of the locks. Try the co-driver door. It will budge. The mechanical lock will allow to be opened by manual key. Don't ask me why the driver side will not budge.
Tried co-driver's today! It opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The electric lock is an add-on the to mechanical lock, so no reason why it will not open with the key. Are you turning it in the right direction?

A 'drained' battery would still have enough juice to open the door lock. Are you sure the remote's battery is OK?
Guess today it had more juice coz it stood for a day ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It won work. We never use our locks. I have seen, in most vehicles, the keyhole becomes unusable because something jams up inside. The mechanical component stops working. Had this problem in my indica. Had to spray WD40 inside the keyhole, and do some wrestling, only then it would open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The driver or passenger door should with a completely drained battery. I had faced this situation when I went out of station for 2 weeks with glove box light on. You absolutely dont get any feedback while turning the key, but it will unlock. In my case it didnt have the juice to unlock other doors, it unlocked only driver door.
I forgot the direction, but i think it is clockwise. Just turn and try opening the door.
It was clockwise.

Anyway, Alto battery didnt help it :( So took the battery with me. Will give it for charging and try.

Thanks for the help guys.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 14:48   #5083
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,063
Thanked: 2,859 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
... It was clockwise. ...
Eh? In my Safari, it is CW closing, CCW opening. All this talk of not opening with key, I went out and checked my vehicle just to be sure!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 00:55   #5084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 256
Thanked: 100 Times
Default re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Eh? In my Safari, it is CW closing, CCW opening. All this talk of not opening with key, I went out and checked my vehicle just to be sure!
Now you should go to passenger side and try. That will be CW for sure. :-)
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 12:09   #5085
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Front discs covered under EW?

Hi gang!

Any idea if front discs are covered under EW? Mine seem to have developed an issue and need to be replaced. The EW claim placed by the A.S.S. has been rejected saying that this is a "wear & tear" item. Just wanted to confirm with you all before I dig into my pocket.

Cheers...
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread anandbhat Technical Stuff 1010 24th November 2016 13:48
Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 11 24th June 2011 20:48
technical aspects in technical driving ram_hyundai Technical Stuff 1 2nd February 2008 21:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks