Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2016, 17:10   #6301
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Hello Everyone,

My 2011 Dicor need to be serviced soon with suspension and clutch overhaul to be carried out this time. It has covered around 1,35,000 km.

Although I am always going to TASS for all sort of work but this time I want to try some friendly garage who can carry out best job with best parts.

I am staying in Sector-22, Dwarka, Delhi looking out for a garage where I can go easily.
roby_dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 21:37   #6302
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,069
Thanked: 243 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
... but this time I want to try some friendly garage who can carry out best job with best parts.
....
Wrong time to go to the friendly neighbourhood garage! If it's a clutch plate renewal job, please do spend the extra and get it done at the authorized service centre. Most important if yours is a 4X4.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2016, 08:16   #6303
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am staying in Sector-22, Dwarka, Delhi looking out for a garage where I can go easily.
Not a bad idea actually. Clutch replacements are pretty easy and a good FNG can do it well.

Would you be willing to drive to Gurgaon? I can recommend someone there I know for many years now.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 12:44   #6304
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not a bad idea actually. Clutch replacements are pretty easy and a good FNG can do it well.

Would you be willing to drive to Gurgaon? I can recommend someone there I know for many years now.
Hey thanks. Yes I can drive to Gurgaon not too far from place. Please provide me the details of FNG.

I have basically 3 jobs to be done on my car
  1. Suspension overhaul
  2. Clutch overhaul
  3. Service with oil change
I am bit confused shall I go one by one for them or all at a time.As I work from home so I have ample time and can do multiple visits for above tasks.
roby_dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 13:39   #6305
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,253
Thanked: 1,811 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not a bad idea actually. Clutch replacements are pretty easy and a good FNG can do it well.

Would you be willing to drive to Gurgaon? I can recommend someone there I know for many years now.
I am guessing you want to recommend the place you got the MLD fitted from on Hariya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hey thanks. Yes I can drive to Gurgaon not too far from place. Please provide me the details of FNG.

I have basically 3 jobs to be done on my car
  1. Suspension overhaul
  2. Clutch overhaul
  3. Service with oil change
I am bit confused shall I go one by one for them or all at a time.As I work from home so I have ample time and can do multiple visits for above tasks.
I am in Dwk too!

I own a '13 Scorpio and get my services done here now - Rakesh Automobiles, Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon (https://goo.gl/maps/whtjQWnwBpG2). Knowledgeable folks, but not the most 'swanky' place. Work will be done as per your satisfaction. Reasonable charges. I got my aux lights also fitted from them.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 14:04   #6306
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

I am in Dwk too!

I own a '13 Scorpio and get my services done here now - Rakesh Automobiles, Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon (https://goo.gl/maps/whtjQWnwBpG2). Knowledgeable folks, but not the most 'swanky' place. Work will be done as per your satisfaction. Reasonable charges. I got my aux lights also fitted from them.
Thanks Dry Ice. Don't we have any thing good in Dwarka?
Anyways I will be visiting the above mentioned place soon. You didn't answered, shall I go for all jobs at once or one at a time?

From my past experience in TASS I felt if I give them car for multiple tasks they usually focus on particular jobs and skip out or misses on quality of others.
roby_dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 14:25   #6307
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,253
Thanked: 1,811 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Thanks Dry Ice. Don't we have any thing good in Dwarka?
lol!

EDIT: I do have another FNG in Dwarka, who claims he can handle Safaris/Scorpios. Got a basic oil change service done from him for Scorpio only once. So far, I trust him more with the Marutis/Hyundais only.

Quote:
Anyways I will be visiting the above mentioned place soon. You didn't answered, shall I go for all jobs at once or one at a time?

From my past experience in TASS I felt if I give them car for multiple tasks they usually focus on particular jobs and skip out or misses on quality of others.
If the suspension and clutch jobs are not needed immediately, try them for a basic service first and get their opinion on these items. From there, you can take up the jobs as they recommend.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 5th December 2016 at 14:27.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 14:29   #6308
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 939
Thanked: 986 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

I experienced a new problem in my 2009 Safari 2.2 4x4 this weekend on a 300 km road trip. While accelerating i realized that vehicle is slow to respond and sometimes it was not revving well while overtaking. On a flat empty stretch i intentionally put it on 3rd gear and tried to accelerate but it was not revving post 2800 rpm despite accelerator touching floor.
There is no thick black or unusual smoke ar any kind of warning light. Vehicle has been driven 72,000 kms and detailed service including timing belt kit and all oils were changed 1300 kms back.
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 20:10   #6309
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
I experienced a new problem in my 2009 Safari 2.2 4x4 this weekend on a 300 km road trip. While accelerating i realized that vehicle is slow to respond and sometimes it was not revving well while overtaking. On a flat empty stretch i intentionally put it on 3rd gear and tried to accelerate but it was not revving post 2800 rpm despite accelerator touching floor.
There is no thick black or unusual smoke ar any kind of warning light. Vehicle has been driven 72,000 kms and detailed service including timing belt kit and all oils were changed 1300 kms back.
It happened with me as well but not sure if it was exactly same. Revving stopped but I had check engine light glowing in one scenario and once it didn't glow.

I took car to TASS and they somehow solved the problem they told they have checked ECU for warnings by connecting laptop. Some type of error code was there as far as I remember.

This happened with me in 1st year of ownership after that this didn't happened again.
roby_dk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 13:58   #6310
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 939
Thanked: 986 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I took car to TASS and they somehow solved the problem they told they have checked ECU for warnings by connecting laptop. Some type of error code was there as far as I remember.
.
So did they just erased those error codes or was there any issue related to sensor or anything?

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 16:38   #6311
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
So did they just erased those error codes or was there any issue related to sensor or anything?

Shubhendra
Not sure but yes they told there was some issue and we have corrected it and further erased the error codes. They told it will not come again so I was happy and didn't bothered to ask about the problem in much detail.

Last edited by roby_dk : 7th December 2016 at 17:03.
roby_dk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 10:43   #6312
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I am guessing you want to recommend the place you got the MLD fitted from on Hariya?
Nope.

Off late, I've had a much better experience at the Bosch Car Care on Sheetla Mata Mandir road owned by Devender Singh.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 10:45   #6313
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hey thanks. Yes I can drive to Gurgaon not too far from place. Please provide me the details of FNG.
Visit Bosch Car Care Sheetla Mata Mandir Road, and speak to the owner, Devender Singh.
I m quite certain you will be happy.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 14:28   #6314
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Daman
Posts: 48
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Hello Tbhpians.

I own a 2007 Dicor 2.2 which has done 93k km. The vehicle loses pick up in second and third gear mainly and enters limp mode intermittently (rpm drops to 500 and accelerator input does not respond) and then rectifies itself in some time when I reduce the gear and reduce rpm below 1500. I got it checked in TASS Concorde Kochi about 4 times till now but they are clueless. They say there are no error codes popping out and they are not sure what is causing the prob. The main issue is the prob is intermittent and it does not surface when the service engineer is taking the vehicle for the test drive.
I feel so under-confident and there is a 3500km trip with parents coming up in Jan. I am already in two minds about the whole trip now.
Can anyone suggest a good mechanic and an electrician in Kochi or surrounding areas? I would like to get it checked from a private garage if he is good as I am losing hope on Concorde Kochi.
Need help guys. :-(
Ani0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 17:23   #6315
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 98
Thanked: 70 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Visit Bosch Car Care Sheetla Mata Mandir Road, and speak to the owner, Devender Singh.
I m quite certain you will be happy.
Hey as suggested I will be visiting Bosch Car care tomorrow. I am first planning to go for service to check quality of work. Later I will opt for Suspension and Clutch jobs.

I can give you a brief summary how I maintained my car so far.

First 4 years:
Covered 125K as I was commuting daily from Dwarka to Noida (90 kms) + Frequent road trips to hill stations and places near Delhi.
Switched to synthetic on 60K service Mobil1 0W-40 since then using that only.

Last 2 years:
Moved to Bangalore and covered hardly 10K as my office was just 5km away + mostly worked from home. Had one service done in Bangalore where TASS advisor insisted and changed oil back to mineral.(Advised me to change mineral oil every 7.5K instead of synthetic oil 15K interval)
Moved back to Delhi last month but use is again limited as working from home but I felt car was performing a little better with Synthetic oil.

Shall I move back to Synthetic or continue on mineral?
Do they(Bosch) have synthetic oil available with them else I have to carry that along as I used to do with TASS earlier?

BTW Odo Pic 135K attached.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img_20161206_194242.jpg  

roby_dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread anandbhat Technical Stuff 1039 20th March 2017 18:55
Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 11 24th June 2011 20:48
technical aspects in technical driving ram_hyundai Technical Stuff 1 2nd February 2008 21:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks