Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 16:35   #4816
BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Take to another T.A.S.S and directly ask them to replace clutch fluid.
Labor cost is 450 Rs and another 200 Rs or so for DOT3 fluid.
You can get the break fluid also changed in same labor.

DOT3 and DOT4 fluids are hygroscopic and should be changed after 2 years or so.
Hi Amit, Thanks for the info. Any decent tata repair centers other than T.A.S.S in or near HRBR area? I need to change my rear brake shoes also. Prefer to do it outside..
Old 8th October 2012, 16:56   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I recently changed the Slave cylinder and it costed somewhere around 800-900 Rs at TASC. My clutch has too become hard and it is due to pressure plates being worn out as per TASC and due to the wornout pressure plates the last cylinder leaked and I had to change to a new one. The clutch is still hard and TASC is saying, next time if leak happens I will have to change the clutch and the cost they told me was around 8-9K (anybody please confirm this for 3.0L DICOR).
I just overhauled my clutch 1 month back on my 2.2. Costed 5k parts and 3.5k labor. I got it done from my local garage. I dont think the TASC workshop would have done it under 12k.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 09:20   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
No Amit,

Its not very cold here in Bangalore and for some reason my vehicle never did this. It use to jump to center at every start irrespective of cold or hot.

I am confused.

-Ijeet
Hi,

I am also from bangalore. The temp needle will reach mid point only after some time of running. when i purchased the vehicle it used to go to half way mark quite rapidly (5-10 min after running the engine). Later i had removed the fog lamps and made a custom clamp to fix bigger fog lamps just after the bumper and so there was space for good airflow to the engine bay. After this mod the temp needle will reach midway point only after quite some running (more than 10 min and maybe even later depending on outside temperature. I attribute this to good airflow in the engine bay as the cooling fans kick in only after engine reaches a predefined temperature and this is maintained.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:13   #4819
Senior - BHPian

AC water has been leaking into the cabin on the drivers side since i bought my Safari in march'12. Despite multiple visits and escalations till the Director North India CC the issue still remains although the water inflow has decreased.

Does anyone else have the same issue? I think i would blame it on incompetent mechanics rather than the vehicle itself.

Any thoughts/solution to this one?
Old 12th October 2012, 23:12   #4820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AC water has been leaking into the cabin on the drivers side since i bought my Safari in march'12. Despite multiple visits and escalations till the Director North India CC the issue still remains although the water inflow has decreased.

Does anyone else have the same issue? I think i would blame it on incompetent mechanics rather than the vehicle itself.

Any thoughts/solution to this one?
I had the same problem in my car ever since I purchased it, finally after 2.5 plus years of ownership, and 15 days at TASS it was rectified under warranty, the culprit was an corroded part in the condensor assembly.
Old 15th October 2012, 09:04   #4821
v&v
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a typical problem since last month. its more an irritant and TASS is unable to diagnose the exact cause.

When i switch on the Ignition, all orange lights doesn't glow. if i switch off and try again then every thing is normal. After this you try N number of times every thing is normal. It only occurs randomly.

As per TASS version this is the problem of ECM relay. if it malfunctions all orange lights wont glow hence vehicle will not start. Just to confirm they replaced it with a new relay. But the problem still exists.

Has someone faced similar issue or any pointers. IMO the next step will be to check the wiring harness.

Last edited by v&v : 15th October 2012 at 09:07.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:41   #4822
BHPian

Safari Gurus,

I have a problem with my truck since yesterday. All of a sudden my beast has lost the power. (Turbo is not opening up.. According to Concorde SA). If I accelerate her beyond 3000 RPM, the engine switches off. But before switiching off, the engine struggles as though somebody is killing it or as if it is not breathing. I have left my beast at concorde motors - Mysore road. They are yet to identify the problem. Mine is a 2011 January model and yet to complete 2 years in January 2013 and 36 K on the odo.

What might be the problem. Turbocharger ?? If so, I beleive this would be covered under warranty right ? I do have a extended warranty on my beast.

Please help.
Old 15th October 2012, 19:05   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What might be the problem. Turbocharger ?? If so, I beleive this would be covered under warranty right ? I do have a extended warranty on my beast.
TC is indeed covered under extended warranty, I remember a former member here who got a replacement under extended Warranty.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:23   #4824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
Safari Gurus,

I have a problem with my truck since yesterday. All of a sudden my beast has lost the power. (Turbo is not opening up.. According to Concorde SA). If I accelerate her beyond 3000 RPM, the engine switches off. But before switiching off, the engine struggles as though somebody is killing it or as if it is not breathing. I have left my beast at concorde motors - Mysore road. They are yet to identify the problem. Mine is a 2011 January model and yet to complete 2 years in January 2013 and 36 K on the odo.

Please help.
It should be covered under warranty. Are you getting the check engine light, or balck smoke when this happens? This can be because of damaged wiring, or EGR valve choking, or Turbo pipe leak, faulty fuel pump (any starting issues??) Check engine light would make the diagnosis easier, else it would be lot of hit and trial.
Old 16th October 2012, 13:41   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
If your car is a model manufactured after 2010, in all probability the door pads have only reflectors, I've heard some cars came with the older version of lights subsequently, but I have checked in new cars displayed in showrooms, there is no light but only a reflector.
The glove box has a light, am not sure if it is there in LX, but if it says it is there then check for fused/missing bulb.
No lights on door except the yellow puddle lamps in my 2012 GX. There is a red reflector in the lower portion of the doors though.
Also the glove box has no lights or even wires for lights. There are two spot lights in the light panel above the mirror, on switching them on, there is more than enough light to see the contents of the glove box. Hope this helps
Old 16th October 2012, 14:17   #4826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
It should be covered under warranty. Are you getting the check engine light, or balck smoke when this happens? This can be because of damaged wiring, or EGR valve choking, or Turbo pipe leak, faulty fuel pump (any starting issues??) Check engine light would make the diagnosis easier, else it would be lot of hit and trial.
The check Engine light is not glowing. But did not observe when the beast lost its power. I have asked them to diagnose and check for any error codes. There is a certain amount of thick black smoke when this happens.

I checked for any hose loose connections, but could not find any. Just called up the TASS and got a reply from them saying that "Still diagonising the problem". Not sure What is happenning
Old 16th October 2012, 14:33   #4827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams_4x4 View Post
The check Engine light is not glowing. But did not observe when the beast lost its power. I have asked them to diagnose and check for any error codes. There is a certain amount of thick black smoke when this happens.

I checked for any hose loose connections, but could not find any. Just called up the TASS and got a reply from them saying that "Still diagonising the problem". Not sure What is happenning
It might be damaged wiring. But it can be also a simple air/fuel filter getting choked. I hope you would have got the service done at 30k, where they would have changed all that. Keep us posted on what is the final diagnosis.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:52   #4828
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10

It might be damaged wiring. But it can be also a simple air/fuel filter getting choked. I hope you would have got the service done at 30k, where they would have changed all that. Keep us posted on what is the final diagnosis.
Please ask to check the PCV valves as well. Don't leave the car to the technicians alone, ask them what all will they diagnose ? Keep probing if you are not happy. I get my safari serviced in the kudla gate service center. Helpful and resourceful service folks. Murali - 9845066995. You may take my reference(Pritish ). Good luck, please post the results.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:39   #4829
Senior - BHPian

My Safari's Windows specially left side front and back making lots of noise when it is half open. What could be the reason? Shall I get it checked at TASS or outside?

Also, I'm feeling that the speed of power windows reduced. Do I need to check the channels for this?
Old 17th October 2012, 11:47   #4830
Senior - BHPian

This happens even in my new Safari and its cause the glass does not have the support when its half open, maybe some tightening may help for a while but the same will resurface after sometime.

The rubber channels may have got hard, clean it with some wax polish, this should help. atleast it worked on my older cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
My Safari's Windows specially left side front and back making lots of noise when it is half open. What could be the reason? Shall I get it checked at TASS or outside?

Also, I'm feeling that the speed of power windows reduced. Do I need to check the channels for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks