Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 00:29   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes. The krr. You too have it? My friend who was with me last day said just called me and said his Innova (he took delivery today) too has similar sound when you rev fast in 3rd gear. Guess its all about how good your ear is.
strange ... ... my 3.0 dicor has no wierd engine sounds.

howcome the new 2.2, which is supposed to be more advanced is plagued by this? another person in my society got the 2.2. he too was complaining of the same problem
Old 16th August 2008, 15:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
May be I have bad ears did not notice it in my 2.2VTT till now its just 400 Km so little premature to say anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
strange ... ... my 3.0 dicor has no wierd engine sounds.

howcome the new 2.2, which is supposed to be more advanced is plagued by this? another person in my society got the 2.2. he too was complaining of the same problem

One wont hear it unless you 'look' for it and if your ICE is playing.
Old 16th August 2008, 16:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Did you drive a new one, delivered this month itself ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Drove another 2.2L after the supervisor who drove with me confirmed its in all 2.2's and that I drive another to check.
We need to TD yours in the next meet, just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
May be I have bad ears did not notice it in my 2.2VTT till now its just 400 Km so little premature to say anything.
Old 16th August 2008, 18:00   #79
BHPian

same problem exists in 3.0 safari,made the service center replace tie rods and what not under warranty,but the problem is still there,the GM of service center here said that its a manufacturing problem and poses no threat.
The way that klank or snapping sound is made as if something will break pretty soon and turns head everywhere lol. I had a bolero before the safari, it was way refined in terms of build stability and resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

The klank sound upon full steering turn has been noticed by many, some say it goes away with time.
By Aburagohain:
Old 17th August 2008, 08:31   #80
BHPian

Suspension Sound - Squeaking sound at 10-15 kmph speed on uneven roads.
This started after the recent heavy rains in Hyderabad. Cant hear it with windows rolled up. Altho this looks like it is a temporary issue, any quick fix for this one ??

Last edited by chaxy : 17th August 2008 at 08:35.
Old 17th August 2008, 11:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Greasing the joints will help here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Suspension Sound - Squeaking sound at 10-15 kmph speed on uneven roads.
This started after the recent heavy rains in Hyderabad. Cant hear it with windows rolled up. Altho this looks like it is a temporary issue, any quick fix for this one ??
Old 17th August 2008, 19:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

We need to TD yours in the next meet, just to be sure.
Good Idea, A few safari owners can meet at a convinient CCD with sufficient parking, to discuss this over coffee. I'm game.

cheers!
Old 19th August 2008, 20:01   #83

Thanks Guys for initiating very helpful thread.

I own a Safari 2.2L EX Dec 07 Model, done 9K so far. Last week, I faced Crankshaft pulley assembly problem (a known problem). I was told that Tata motors had instructed all their dealers to call up customers and replace the faulty part. I did not receive any call from my dealer. Workshop engineer told me that Crankshaft Pulley and Timing belt both got damaged, which eventually smashed some components in Head assembly. Hence, all components need to be replaced as part of warranty.

As expected, workshop team has delayed placing request for the components and after almost 10 days, I was told by THE OWNER, himself, of the workshop that he called the company to courier parts by Air from Pune, which got delayed due to heavy raining.

Only GOD (TATA Motors) know when my TRUCK will be back on road.
Old 20th August 2008, 08:40   #84
Team-BHP Support

New problem found.
On tuesday evening I started the safari after a gap of more than 24 hours. So the car was cold.
The idle was erratic. The rpm needle kept on twitching.
Once the engine warmed up idle was smooth. Anybody else seen this?
Old 20th August 2008, 09:35   #85
BHPian

My vehicle nowadays is parked idle for 5 days at a stretch and i have not faced the above problem till date.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

I didnt face this problem even after 3 weeks of parking without any starts inbetween.

I would suggest an ECU reset to rule out any ECU aberrations, if it still re-occurs then the sensors can be looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
New problem found.
On tuesday evening I started the safari after a gap of more than 24 hours. So the car was cold.
The idle was erratic. The rpm needle kept on twitching.
Once the engine warmed up idle was smooth. Anybody else seen this?
Old 20th August 2008, 11:04   #87
Team-BHP Support

I did some google search. It could be injector problem or sensor fault, but since the vehicle is newICP seonsor(Injector Control Pressure) sensor seems to be the culprit.

The problem is that you have to park for more than 30 hours to see this problem. So when I go to TASS they won't see any problem.
Atmost I can ask them to wash the engine bay and they start her up?
Apparently this sometimes does not show up in engine codes.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

Definately a good idea
On the krr sound part , I drove on a quite road with window open and ICE shut but could not isolate/ identofy teh sound being mentioned.

Regards
Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Good Idea, A few safari owners can meet at a convinient CCD with sufficient parking, to discuss this over coffee. I'm game.

cheers!
Old 20th August 2008, 11:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Possible, try the ECU reset first by disconnecting the battery cable, no harm + its a DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did some google search. It could be injector problem or sensor fault, but since the vehicle is newICP seonsor(Injector Control Pressure) sensor seems to be the culprit.

The problem is that you have to park for more than 30 hours to see this problem. So when I go to TASS they won't see any problem.
Atmost I can ask them to wash the engine bay and they start her up?
Apparently this sometimes does not show up in engine codes.
Old 20th August 2008, 17:57   #90
BHPian

Great Thread

This is a great thread for prospective Safari buyers like me. As usual I am taking my time to arrive at a decision, but have firmed my mind on Safari Ex. There was a major, err, difference of opinion as my wife wants to go for a sedan, which I am tired of after all these years. Finally convinced by taking her on my 3rd TD of a Safari 2.2 VX (that was the only model Han motors had for TD). Now she agrees that, as a passenger, she'd be more comfortable in a Safari.

If the safari owners could list down the things we need to check specifically for Safari (apart from the usual detailed PDI advised by TBHP) before placing the order it would help. We can ask the dealers to be doubly sure. For example, the whether the Crankshaft pulley assembly/ damper assembly has been changed or about the various noises mentioned here, so we can take corrective measures before registration.

I too noticed the hissing sound when I turned the steering to extreme right or left. I had a friend of mine and asked him to keep the steering engaged in that position and looked under the vehicle to check, but could not notice any leaks or anything unusual.

Another thing I noticed during the TD (contrary to the first TD report between Scorpio and Safari which I posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post925065) is that there is a sluggishness before the engine picks up speed. One has to press the accelerator way down to make the car zip. Was it particular to this car? This was not there in Scorpio where there was no turbo lag at all and a light press would do. When I asked, the Han motors sales guy said that the turbo gets engaged only after 3k RPM which did not sound right to me because I thought the new VTT does not have the turbo lag. Any comments on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks