Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th July 2017, 20:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Problem in steering rack-assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
There might be some problem with the oil seals on the assembly which I guess can only be solved by changing the whole assembly.
But as far as I know, the i20 comes with Electric Power Steering from 1st Generation itself.
So there arent any "Oil Seals" in Power Steering of i20.

Edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30
I hear that 'tak-tak" noise in the front left suspension too. It cannot be steering rack problem as then its noise will not come from outside. I think it is because of the suspension.
Get the Bushes of Anti-Roll Bar checked and replaced if necessary. The Bushes cost me ₹180/- for our Elite i20 CRDi. I got them replaced at 42502Kms. Now the reading is 90443kms.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 10th July 2017 at 20:40. Reason: As above.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 18:45   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Problem in steering rack-assembly

Hey guys,

I have been facing a steering issue on my Etios Liva since the past few months. As you can see in the below pictures the steering wheel is slightly off-centre counter clockwise. Initially I thought it could be a wheel alignment issue. Raised this issue at the service center where they did a wheel alignment, but the issue remained as it is.
Later when I replaced the tyres, I again got the wheel alignment done but to no avail.
Then during the the last service at an FNG raised this issue again. The mechanic did the wheel alignment. It felt slightly ok for the initial days but it was back to square one.
Any of you who might have faced this might know how disconcerting this is.
Now recently I was checking out some YouTube videos on off-centre steering wheel and came across quite a few videos which I feel could rectify my car's problem. I have shared couple of links below for your view and maybe can confirm if this is the problem.
I can discuss with my mechanic and get this rectified in the coming week.
Please give your suggestions.
Pics and YouTube links below:
Please note that one of the videos has lot of cuss words.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Attached Thumbnails
Problem in steering rack-assembly-1.jpg  

Problem in steering rack-assembly-2.jpg  

Problem in steering rack-assembly-3.jpg  

rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote