Team-BHP - Turbo for petrol engines ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Turbo for petrol engines ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/44174-turbo-petrol-engines.html)

I thinking seriously this time for some performance upgrades for my Xeta which completed 20,000 Kms, thus warranty is no more there. I know , petrol Turbos are not very common but I think I can order them. I am also thinking of other performance mod jobs and exterior mods. So what turbo do you guys advice for me ?? Or should I not opt for petrol turbo ?? And are there any good tuners in Kolkata ?( btw, i am opting for these upgrades for my 1.2 XETA.)

A turbo install is easier said than done. I wonder how a tata engine would hold up to the extra boost. I havent seen or heard of turbo on a petrol tata. If you still go ahead and get the job done. Expect to shell out 1L+ on various mods that need to be done to accomodate the turbo.
I would not recommend a turbo if the indica is your daily drive. They are not reliable.

PS: I am not an installer or an engine guru. All of the above is based on my knowledge acquired from my 2 year stay on tbhp

Neel12345, God save you if you intend to TC your ride in Calcutta. I don't think there are any tuners here. At least, not anyone with expertise to TC an engine. You could however get the job done from out of state. But, support would be a problem.

Ya, thats the problem. There aren't any good tuners here at Calcutta. Even if I send the car to another state/ city, I won't be able to see the job myself. And they might keep holes that may result in problems in future... I am ready to shell out extra money if I get a good job done.

@ cooldude : You haven't heard of does not mean that it's impossible.

And if required , I will swap my engine too. If it is a case of engine swap, what do you guys recommend ?

forget the turbo, aint practical. retrofitting the OEM turbo on an NA diesel is hard enough.

get a 1.4 engine , headers , FFE , port and polish, CAI, the usual stuff. THat should be enough .
if you really want to spend more , sell the car and get a zen, or something like that, and then mod /tc it or whatever. Not much of a point investing this much on an indica

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel12345 (Post 941731)
@ cooldude : You haven't heard of does not mean that it's impossible.

I dint say it was impossible. I just said that i have not seen or heard of any one TCing a petrol indica. If you do go ahead and do it that would be a first and kudos to that cheers:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I never heard of TC'ing the Petrol engine. Anyways, all the best to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 941781)
Sorry for my ignorance, but I never heard of TC'ing the Petrol engine. Anyways, all the best to you.

Are you talking about never having heard of a TC'ed TATA petrol engine or just any petrol engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 941781)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 941798)
Are you talking about never having heard of a TC'ed TATA petrol engine or just any petrol engine?

I was wondering the exact same thing!!
snaronikar, i HOPE you are talking about TC'ing a TATA petrol....Otherwise Vikram here will be very annoyed indeed!! :D:D

hahaha. right said cyrus

Don't get annoyed Vikram... i was taking about a TC-ed Indica petrol...

Petrol Turbos are here for a while but I wander why no one apply performance on their Indicas ... I feel that this car has great potentiality.

I am thinking of an engine swap with a 1.4, K & N Air filters and FFE and cold air intakes... so how much shall it cost for all these and pls give me the name & address of a good tuner.. A TATA guy is willing to offer me a new 1.4 engine from the GLX XETA ? What price shall I quote to him ?

Yes neel I know what you are talking about :-). I was just looking for some clarifications from snaronikar.

So what engine swap do you guys suggest ??

He did say Xeta didnt he? well IMHO all Xetas are petrols.

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Recon Aggregates
they arent selling 1.4 engines though :(