Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th December 2009, 00:48   #46
AVR
BHPian

To an extent agree with SirAlec that they dont help fix broken parts but yes they do help clean up your engine not necessarily to absolute new engine levels but there is an apparent change in behavior. And performance does improve that has deteriorated over time though it obviously doesn't get better than stock

Am sure there's a reason why companies invest money in research and customers invest in different products.
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 00:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

^^^^
to find a way to earn you have to find new avenues. hence this company crops up.

Cars have been for nearly a century now. And i am sure the quality of petrol were not that purified then than now.
and you still see vintage cars running with their original engine still now. don;t you.

I don't think they had such stuff then.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 01:21   #48
AVR
BHPian

Digressing from the thread topic but
@SirAlec - Ain't that a rather cynical view of technology and its evolution in general??

I think if certain additives seem to help engine life I'd be willing to trust technology to work in my favor! hoping that a good long engine life with good performance throughout would redeem my statement here!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 04:57   #49
BHPian

As for additives, i'm gonna be making an lpg diesel fumigation kit (self made) for my TCIC engine. It was invented and observed by Mr Diesel himself and the benefits are awesome. Which is why i've landed up in this thread to know at what compression ratio the TCIC engine runs at? Any idea anyone? What does the owners manual say?
Advyth is offline   Reply With Quote