Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th April 2017, 20:40   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Battery / Alternator / Voltage Regulator problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Does the flickering occur when the engine is off?

If the problem is seen only when the engine is on , it has to be the alternator.

An easy way to check would be to hook up a multimeter to the battery and see if the voltage fluctuates when the car is at idle. If the engine is raced and the flickering stops , then please have your alternator serviced.

You could just check all connections/main fuses , especially the main wiring coupler at the alternator.
An update on this. I had driven home last week. While driving at Cochin, I suddenly lost the power steering assistance and the battery sign lit up on the dash. Luckily I was at the vicinity of the service center. The issue was with the alternator pulley. The dampener pulley was changed along. The SA thinks that the flickering would be a related symptom.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 16:50   #107
BHPian

Default Re: Battery / Alternator / Voltage Regulator problem?

cross-posting for reference of colleagues: Link (Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS):-Spacious, Feature-Packed, 8-Seater, Head-Turner Beast is Here) : Xylo voltage regulator - repaired & replaced !
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote