Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st November 2012, 19:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Esteem Longevity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
rr_zen here are my few cents for your problems:

1. clutch: Try changing the clutch cable. After 3 years clutch of my esteem was also rock hard and just by changing cable it became as soft as a brand new car. Use geniune MGP cable only.
I did have the cable changed along with the clutch plate but it was of no use, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
2. Its a design flaw I think in esteem. Try to live with it. Use silicone spray which some members here said makes power window run well.
Yes, I am living with it for the last 9 years but would love to improve it. Will try out the silicone spray for sure. Thanks.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 08:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen

2. Power Windows - The PWs of the Esteem is one of the most sluggiest that I have seen on any car till date. Is it possible that a more powerful motor can be retrofitted on all the doors to make it work better ?

But for the above issues, the car drives like a dream and has served me extensively well for the last 9 years.

Appreciate any pointers in this regard. Thanks !
Autoteam service centre fixed this for me by adding a relay for each of the motors. This allowed the motor to draw more current and hence helped it to work with more power. :-)
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:52   #108
BHPian

Default Esteem Rear wind shield plastic beading

I'm looking to replace the beading that holds the rear wind shield in place. The price is quite steep at the showroom and was hoping to know if I can find a better deal else where.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Esteem Longevity-esteem.jpg  

vinu_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 14:27   #109
BHPian

Default Re: Esteem Rear wind shield plastic beading

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I'm looking to replace the beading that holds the rear wind shield in place. The price is quite steep at the showroom and was hoping to know if I can find a better deal else where.
I'm not familiar with Bangalore (I'm assuming that's where you are, from your TB profile), but in Hyderabad, Car Sonic at Minister road may be able to source the part for you - they once offered to order a steering wheel for me when the OEM steering melted even while parked in the shade of a tree. There's a BHPian-owned store at Banjara Hills, close to Hyderabad House, which I think is named Max Motors (correct me about the name if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I was in Hyderabad).
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 16:25   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I'm not familiar with Bangalore (I'm assuming that's where you are, from your TB profile), but in Hyderabad, Car Sonic at Minister road may be able to source the part for you - they once offered to order a steering wheel for me when the OEM steering melted even while parked in the shade of a tree. There's a BHPian-owned store at Banjara Hills, close to Hyderabad House, which I think is named Max Motors (correct me about the name if I'm wrong; it's been a while since I was in Hyderabad).
Thank you. I might be visiting Hyderabad next month, Will try them then.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
2. Power Windows - The PWs of the Esteem is one of the most sluggiest that I have seen on any car till date. Is it possible that a more powerful motor can be retrofitted on all the doors to make it work better ?
Sorry for the late response. The motor in the PW cannot be changed since it is part of the entire assembly. I have gone through this phase in my car and gave it up. The best you can do is to replace the rubber channels which will improve the speed. I have not tried the relay part yet, food for thought though. Thanks amalji.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 15:03   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.
Not sure if you have tried sourcing it from MGP online. I was searching for a fuel tank cover for my Esteem and was able to source it using MGP online. Even if the product is not available you can leave a request and they get back to you with the price and place of availability. I have found the price to be lesser than what is being quoted at the showroom, in general.

Link: http://www.mgp.co.in/
rr_zen is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 21:06   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you have tried sourcing it from MGP online. I was searching for a fuel tank cover for my Esteem and was able to source it using MGP online. Even if the product is not available you can leave a request and they get back to you with the price and place of availability. I have found the price to be lesser than what is being quoted at the showroom, in general.

Have contacted them via the 'Place an order' link. Hope I get a good deal like you did.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ravi, I wanted to test this site, so I sent an enquiry for a part that I could not get for the last 3 years. The internal cabin light lens, only the lens. I got a call back within 2 hours from the distributor in Pondy who checked with me what I wanted and called me back in 15 minutes and said he has it. That was FAST !!!!
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 17:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Ravi, I wanted to test this site, so I sent an enquiry for a part that I could not get for the last 3 years. The internal cabin light lens, only the lens. I got a call back within 2 hours from the distributor in Pondy who checked with me what I wanted and called me back in 15 minutes and said he has it. That was FAST !!!!
Thats amazing John ! I had a similar experience too which was quite pleasant. In Chennai, I got a call from the distributor near Ekaduthangal
by name Susee Auto. I went there and picked up the part I wanted.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 22:56   #116
BHPian

Esteem Owners,
I also have an esteem 2000 carb model. Anyone have a Parts Catalogue of this carb model?
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 13:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Esteem Owners,
I also have an esteem 2000 carb model. Anyone have a Parts Catalogue of this carb model?
I don't, but I think you can buy one at MGP stores.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 10:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Esteem Owners,
They dont have the parts catalouge readily available.
I have placed an order for the same. Waiting to hear back from them.

Our Esteem has done close to 1.7L, still going strong on the original clutch set.

The front strut assembly was replaced a year ago and the rear springs and rear shock absorber about 3 months ago.
Few thousand KM after the suspension job the front of the car feels lose. On every pot hole I can hear massive vibrations and sounds, sounds like some rubber or something is lose there. (Both front sides only)

Should I get the front strut bushes, lower arms bushes and other rubber parts replaced?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 23:23   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
They dont have the parts catalouge readily available.
I have placed an order for the same. Waiting to hear back from them.
My car is having a missing problem & mechanic says that new carburetor is needed. I required parts catalog to see the part number of carburetor.

Quote:
Our Esteem has done close to 1.7L, still going strong on the original clutch set.
It is really surprising, seems that car mostly travelled on highway.

Quote:
The front strut assembly was replaced a year ago and the rear springs and rear shock absorber about 3 months ago.
Few thousand KM after the suspension job the front of the car feels lose. On every pot hole I can hear massive vibrations and sounds, sounds like some rubber or something is lose there. (Both front sides only)
Should I get the front strut bushes, lower arms bushes and other rubber parts replaced?
Didnít the mechanic change the new bushes at the time of strut replacement? There may a chance of suspension failure also but without physical check no can say confirmly.
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 23:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is having a missing problem & mechanic says that new carburetor is needed. I required parts catalog to see the part number of carburetor.
Hey Alok,
The "missing problem" is certainly not the carb's problem. If at all anything is missing, your mech's brain should be first. Ok, I understand what you are saying. It is just a matter of adjusting your timing (does your mech have a timing torch ?) or replacing spark plugs or the plug cords. Please take your car to a different mech who has previous knowledge about carb cars.

P.S the carb cars are the easiest to fix if you have someone who knows anything about carbs.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 22nd March 2013 at 23:10.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote