Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st August 2008, 19:53   #1
BHPian

Default Anti petrol theft system for fuel tank

Hi Guys,
My relative has maruti esteem and they observed the driver is stealing the petrol. Though they can change the driver there is no guarentee that new comer will be good person. I suggested him there is a guard available which sits inside the tank.
I saw this system in my friends petra (a green conical shaped tube with slots) i asked him to check with tata service but he couldnt able to procure. Can you tell me whats that exact name and where it is available in chennai.
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:53   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Even with a guard, it's pretty simple to extract petrol directly from the fuel lines. The best way to keep drivers in check is:

1. Fill up the petrol yourself. Or in your presence.

2. Always go full-tank to full-tank.

3. Tally the fuel-efficiency with every top-up. Calculating FE is easier if pt. no. 2 is followed.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:38   #3
BHPian

Yes tank to tank basis is the correct option but still just for the piece of mind he needs that guard. Whether is that available as spare? Also this vehicle will not go around every day. AFAIK the driver is using petrol for his friends bike so the rate of stealing is 1~2 liters
vijaycool is offline   Reply With Quote