Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th August 2008, 15:58   #1

Default Fixing the noise from Santro Heater/Blower assembly

Hi All,

I have a Santro Xing XP that has recently developed a problem. There is a 'khat-khat' kind of noise whenever the left front side of the car passes over a rough patch of road.

I suspect that this is from the Heater/Blower assembly. Am looking for inputs about the causes and possible solution(s) for this problem that I can take care of myself without going to the ASC. The ASC's in Hyderabad are typical dumb-headed groups of people who believe only in hit and trial kind of remedies instead of attacking the root cause.

I would also appreciate if someone could guide me on how to remove the fiber dashboard and pack the blower assembly if required...

Regards,
Ashish.
ashish_me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 01:58   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

i think the sound is from the AC unit condensor or coil, its behind the glove box. The whole dashboard will have to be unscrewed for that. i suggest u take it to the dealer and get it done in front of yourself.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 07:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_me2 View Post
I would also appreciate if someone could guide me on how to remove the fiber dashboard and pack the blower assembly if required...

Regards,
Ashish.
Hi Ashish,

The noise you hear is the Heater Matrix getting loose from its holder. The heater matrix is fixed insode the blower assembly by means of foam into a slot. The foam packing must have got rotten and the heater matrix has fallen out of its holder, hence the khat khat noise. Get it fixed soon as if it leaks you will have to spend big $$

Ciao Lifewater
Lifewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 10:07   #4

Another visit to the ASC means a wastage of at least 3 hrs.

The guys in Hyd. need to be told precisely what to fix and where and only then they can be expected to do something right.
ashish_me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 00:56   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Fixing the noise from Santro Heater/Blower assembly

Team,

I have two problems with my Xing.

1. The *same* noise from the left side of the dash- when going over bumps at a reasonable speed (>20-25 Kmph), it sounds as if there seems to be something hanging and goes thud-thud till it fades away (quickly too).

2. The fan blower motor is making this noise that comes and goes and varies with the speed. At a low speed it makes a clicking sound that may go or come back with a higher pitch at higher speeds.

A replacement for #2 is 4.8K (wow). Any options - does the blower motor ever really go bad? The mech at HAS S said a knock to the back of the assembly should 'dislodge any carbon'. It's worse now in terms of rearing its head, but lower in intensity.

And for #1, is it a good idea to get the dash disassembled for this - if so, what's the ballpark figure in money and time at an FNG?

Thanks!
wooka is offline   Reply With Quote