Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 1st September 2008, 16:55   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Mahindra Scorpio Fire incident

Guys
I remember one more incident just like this related to an possible faulty cabling after installing LCD Monitor and Music system. I am not sure where exactly in tbhp but some one else also complained similar issue.

Suddenly, some foul smell was coming from the bonnet and then smoke started to come. The problem was originally from some faulty wiring according to the service shop.

Now the wiring is done in the platform and dash board wiring set needs to be replaced. They say it will cost approx 7k!

Any idea dash board wiring set will cost this much! Scorpions, pls flood your suggestions and advices!
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 17:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the fire was due to faulty after-market wiring, no sweat. But if accessories weren't the culprit, that is a matter of huge concern. I remember seeing atleast 3 burnt Scorpio pictures on Team-BHP. Is it possible to get a second opinion on the true cause?

WRT to the cost, the Mahindra Major's wiring harness costs 5,000 rupees. I know because that's what running in my Classic. They replaced the entire wiring system with the recent diesel engine swap.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Exactly GTO ,There were few pics of a burning Scorpio eralier on another forum. On the roads there are scores of SUVs fitted with multiple high current drawing aftermarket fog lamp but do not get burnt. How come an LCD screen drawing miniscule current compared to HID or hella fog lamps can cause a burnout of wirning ?

Does any one know for any other Car or Suv which burnt due to accessories ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the fire was due to faulty after-market wiring, no sweat. But if accessories weren't the culprit, that is a matter of huge concern. I remember seeing atleast 3 burnt Scorpio pictures on Team-BHP. Is it possible to get a second opinion on the true cause?

WRT to the cost, the Mahindra Major's wiring harness costs 5,000 rupees. I know because that's what running in my Classic. They replaced the entire wiring system with the recent diesel engine swap.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote