Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th September 2008, 14:57   #1
Default Palio Stile MJD SDX Front Bumper repair query

Need some important information urgently.
My friend has bought Mint White Palio MJD after seeing my palio this month.
Today morning he called me and told that his front bumper got scratched near the headlamp by the lorry. No breakage in the bumper but some part (15 inch) of it got scratched with lorry and all black marks appear on it.
Now please let me know what is best option for him.
Is it correct that even if he get new bumper then also dealer has to paint it or he will get fully painted bumper from the dealer.

Also if current bumper has to be repainted then do we have to repaint the full bumper or only the damaged part ?
fiat_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 16:06   #2

If bumper is not broken or cracked or dent, then get it done from some small time shops who are good at denting and painting.

The new bumper will have to be painted so why go for entire new bumper.

If he sees some alignment issue, even that can be fixed.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 16:30   #3

If the damage is not major brush touch up will do. I guess mint white in palio is not metalic . So it will not be visible until u take a close look.
BMW-X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 08:17   #4

The deep scratches can't be removed but the painting can be done but has to be done for the whole bumper and will cost about 3-5k depending on the place done. A new bumper will put you off by nearly 10k.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 08:36   #5

It cannot be judged well without seeing the damage.
Still, if it's just minor scratches/paint peel off etc.. it can be sorted out by any good painting workshop. Don't have to break a sweat on that.
But if the damage is more, then it's better to show it to an expert who's good in fixing plastic bumpers and painting.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 23:08   #6

Would the Palio 1.6 S front grill fit the MJD?? I somehow prefer the older grill. If yes, could someone tell me how much would a Palio 1.6 s grill cost?
sid_meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 17:00   #7

there in place near GNR kalyana mantapa , keep going straight after the coffee day after crossing the circle you can find this place on the left hand side , this guy deals with only FIAT cars the place is like a house . Just take the car and get an estimation .
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote