Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th January 2016, 11:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift DZire-problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Thanks DRIV3R!! I am not sure now if it was glowing!! I should have done it
But that seems to be a plausible reason why this happened. Any reason why it started after 2 hours? Does it get reset?
It is a random occurrence, happens due to a multitude of reasons.

It could be due to a weak battery, bad earthing, dirty electrical contacts in the ECU/BCM, or a faulty key/immobilizer circuit.

Quote:
Hey NPV, thanks! I will get that checked as well. I have to admit that I've never heard of glow plugs until now; I just read up about it on google. Thanks!
The glow plugs are not the reason for this case. The glow plugs come into action only in sub zero temperatures and mostly during the first start of the day. Not during subsequent starts when the engine is hot. The glow plugs heat the diesel so that they ignite faster during the cranking. Additionally, you get a tell tale LED on the instrument console when the glow plugs are used/needed.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th January 2016 at 11:20.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 13:29   #47
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Swift DZire-problems

Quote:
Hey NPV, thanks! I will get that checked as well. I have to admit that I've never heard of glow plugs until now; I just read up about it on google. Thanks!
Ask the dealer to connect the diagnostic meter and check for error code history. Seems like a fueling issue when hot, it can be as simple as one of the relays conking off when hot. Chances are this recurrence would increase over a period of time and then it will be straight forward for them to diagnose.

But first thing, get the error code scanned.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote