Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th October 2012, 13:17   #31
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Fuel System cleaning

Originally Posted by arsenal.arun View Post
During my regular service of Chevrolet Spark (25k kms interval), the Service Centre suggested me to do Fuel System cleaning, which is done using some special chemicals and costed me Rs 1100. Agreeing to his suggestion, I did the same in Jul-2012.

Now in Oct-2012, I have given my car again for service, since 2 free services were pending which were going to lapse in Dec-2012, the Service Centre is again recommending the Fuel System Cleaning.

When I said I have done it just 3 months back, the service guy insisted that it is recommended with every oil change. When I started questioning him what will they do and how can I ensure that the cleaning is done, the service guy hesitantly said that it is not required since you have done the same just 2 months ago.

I took the matter to his senior and asked him to justify how the fuel system cleaning was done in Jul-2012 and how can I be assured that the cleaning was done. The guy has ensured he will respond to me after checking with his people.

Now my basic question is what do they do in the Fuel System cleaning and how can I ensure the service centre has done it?

Well for most the the service centers,fuel system cleaning is putting some additive into the fuel tank so that you will get the smoothness when you drive.Actual fuel system cleaning involves the use of specialized equipments to clean the system which the service canters wont do since its very time consuming. So its highly likely that you have been charged for the additive!

Ask them what all steps they have used in this procedure and if they say they use some machines,ask them to show to you that!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote