Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th August 2015, 12:42   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Engine Seize... What actually happens inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Check the air filter for any moisture. If there is some moisture, replace it ASAP, otherwise it will get fungal growth.
I just checked the filter. Its wet.
parulkgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 13:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post

I just checked the filter. Its wet.
Well. Replace the air filter and go for a longish drive. It will clear any residual vapour.

It would be better if you check the hose from your air filter to your engine. If its clear, alls good. If it has some moisture, you could go for a longish drive after replacing the air filter.

Last edited by drsingh : 16th August 2015 at 13:42.
drsingh is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 14:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Well. Replace the air filter and go for a longish drive. It will clear any residual vapour.

It would be better if you check the hose from your air filter to your engine. If its clear, alls good. If it has some moisture, you could go for a longish drive after replacing the air filter.
Cool. I am replacing it now. Hopefully the dealer will give me the filter as I suppose they dont sell parts over the counter.

And I will traveling 40k tomorrow morning so all shud b ok.
Old 16th August 2015, 14:36   #34
BHPian

The service advisor is hell bent on not giving me a filer, he says I wont be able to replace it. I might end up creating issues in the engine n all. Is it so complex really? Could I go wrong? he says I have to give him an undettaking that he issued it to me on my request and he wont be responsible for any engine damage :O

Any comments?
Old 16th August 2015, 18:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
The service advisor is hell bent on not giving me a filer, he says I wont be able to replace it. I might end up creating issues in the engine n all. Is it so complex really? Could I go wrong? he says I have to give him an undettaking that he issued it to me on my request and he wont be responsible for any engine damage :O

Any comments?

Replacing an air filter tends to be about the easiest job on an engine. Rates slightly higher in complexity then checking the oil level.
Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 22:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

Replacing an air filter tends to be about the easiest job on an engine. Rates slightly higher in complexity then checking the oil level.
Jeroen
+1. All you need is a screwdriver. And as members of this forum and living in a dusty country, I'm sure most people keep an extra filter in the car/home to swap a dusty filter out between service intervals.
drsingh is online now   Reply With Quote