Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th September 2008, 07:55   #1
Default My Palio 1.2 accelerates on its own

I have had a plaio for the last 7 years and not a problem in the world with it, suddenly from the last year it has acquired a new personality, i have had to change a whole load of components....

The tata motors rep said that a decarb of the engine was due and they went ahead with it, since then the car accelerates and decelerates on its own..

They tried to solve it by changing the stepper motor, all of the wiring, cleaner the sensors etc.. and were not able to solve it, finally they told me that the ecu needed replacement..

read on one of the TEAM - BHP threads that this was a problem very common to many palios and could be easily overcome by using additives such as system g, i have been doing that for two weeks now, the problem has reduced but keeps re surfacing every now and then

Do i really need a ecu replacement, i thought they were supposed to last the life time of the car... and they so very expensive..
sabnavis is offline   Reply With Quote