Team-BHP - Brakes not working as desired in my Accent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Brakes not working as desired in my Accent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/47627-brakes-not-working-desired-my-accent.html)

Hi Team,

I was planning to post this sooner but heres my issue , please shed some light on this for me .

My Hyundai Accent doesnt seem to be having a good braking system anymore..what I mean is that initially the Car would stop immediately when the brake pedal was pressed but now If I have to brake then I have to brake well in advance.

I also asked HASS to service the brakes for me and they said that they cleaned the liners and adjusted them etc etc but but they just dont seem to work like the way they should work in a new Car ..I mean mine is an old car now ..but I just want them to work like new , thats all.

One mechanic was saying that I might have to replace the brake booster without even looking at the car :Shockked: and by the way brake booster is such a expensive thing to replace , was thinking as to how can he diagnose the cause without even checking the car first.

Team please help me to resolve this issue , we have an Optra as well which just literally stops at the press of the Brake pedal , cant the Accent respond in the same manner as well ?

Accent Owners , Everyone please share.

Cheers,

Peter.

Hyundai Accent huh!!
1. Wheel servcing, I guess you already did that.
2. Brake Bleeding, I guess you already did that.
3. Check for any wear and tear in two pipes that connects from Brake Master Cylinder to the engine block.

BTW how many kms done.

PS: I am not much of a hyndai fan, does accent have ABS in any model. If yes you need to check the ABS pump and sensor too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1019505)
Hyundai Accent huh!!
1. Wheel servcing, I guess you already did that.
2. Brake Bleeding, I guess you already did that.
3. Check for any wear and tear in two pipes that connects from Brake Master Cylinder to the engine block.

BTW how many kms done.

PS: I am not much of a hyndai fan, does accent have ABS in any model. If yes you need to check the ABS pump and sensor too.

SirAlec,

NO ABS
Brake beeding done
Liner check done
Checked for wear and tear in the Pipes as well
Confirmed with HASS that Brake booster is good as well :eek:

Now am back to square one.

Peter,

How many kms have you done?

I also have an accent, which has done 15000kms(just 1yr old) and has the same problem.

Hi Sudheer,

My Cars clocked 82000 kms

PS: BTW its too early for your Car to loose the braking effect as its new. Better get your Car checked at the HASS.

Peter.

You may need to change brake oil. Or check the tyres / tyre pressure.

BTW, what is Brake Bleeding?

Even my esteem has the same problem, I have to brake in advance to stop and once I had hit my friend's zen who was racing with me and applied brakes instantly (surprisingly nothing got damaged). Brake oil, disc, and pads all are ok.

Have you checked the condition of your brake discs and pads in the front?

I am getting the feeling the brakes have gotten a lot harder on my Accent than before - like one has to use a lot more force to make the brakes really bite - but bite they do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter (Post 1019621)
Hi Sudheer,
to change the disc too.
My Cars clocked 82000 kms

PS: BTW its too early for your Car to loose the braking effect as its new. Better get your Car checked at the HASS.

Peter.

Flush all your old brake fluid. and Bleed again. If you are sure the that rear shoe and front pads are fine. Check the following
1. Slave cylinder on all four wheel.
2. condition of front disc. Its very easy, you can do it your self. remove the tyre, If you have alloy with large gap and disc is visible, you do not need to remove tyre. Move your nail from inwards towards the circumference of disc. If you feel uneveness, you need to change the disc too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkEraser (Post 1019673)
You may need to change brake oil. Or check the tyres / tyre pressure.

BTW, what is Brake Bleeding?

Processing of removing air from brakes lines.

If you are stil having problems after checking everything ,then i think either the master cylinder or the brake booster is gone.I would also suggest to bleed the entire old fluid and replace it with new one

Yes SirAlec Iam going to bleed the brakes totally and try once more. Hope it works this time.