Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th October 2008, 19:46   #1
BHPian

Default Swift Transmission Cable Play

Whenever i shift from first to second, the feeling is horrible. It feels plasticy-clicky type and ruins the driving pleasure and shifting experience.

I have had this problem for 2 years, Mandovi rejected it as Normal. (since then i have stopped going to Mandovi)

After opening the center console so many times, and removing the entire shifter housing and studying the problem, I have finally discovered the problem lies with the shifter cable itself.

There is a slack (play) in the cable (right side-up down cable). The cable isnt entirely a cable. The cable ends are joint with a metal pipe (see pic). This is where the play is (aprox 10 mm play). Now I dont know how to reduce the play, between the cable and the metal pipe joint itself.

The only solution may be to get a new cable. If anyone knows any solution let me know.

I also want to know how to remove the cable from the Transmission on a Swift. They are not coming out. The design is not simpler as a Honda.

Sample pic
Attached Images

Last edited by aerohit : 18th October 2008 at 19:48.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 20:44   #2
BHPian

anyone?

Also, does anyone know how to pull off he cable out of the Transmission?

It looks like there is come kind of luck nut, not sure.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote